Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
wait a minute. is that the town where they did armed and famous? dh and i watched it and then all of a sudden it was cancelled. it was sad.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hi Momishem,
We moved from my favorite place in West to Illinois for a job, but I am near the border of Indiana and go shopping, drive a couple of hours to museum etc all the time. We will probably be moving to Indiana in near future for promotion. Welcome to the board .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, yes, armed and famous was here!

What a joke! Yes, Armed and Famous was filmed here. I cannot say that I saw any of the "famous" people while they were here, but we did see a camera crew a couple of times. And yes, all the hicks they showed were mostly people we knew. Either went to school with them or worked with them or in my case, they are parents of the children at my elementary school where I work! Poor kids!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
What a joke! Yes, Armed and Famous was filmed here. I cannot say that I saw any of the "famous" people while they were here, but we did see a camera crew a couple of times. And yes, all the hicks they showed were mostly people we knew. Either went to school with them or worked with them or in my case, they are parents of the children at my elementary school where I work! Poor kids!
no way!! im telling my dh right now!

dh is wanting to get into law enforcement so we watch alot of cops, first 48, shows like that. there was this one episode of armed and famous where latoya jackson freaked out because there was a cat. i mean, "nearly got hives" freaked out. hilarious :kitty:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember that episode. What a joke. I liked the one where LaToya and her "partner" went to a steak house, Texas Roadhouse, and LaToya wanted a finger bowl to wash her fingers in. This is a place where they throw peanut shells on the floor and there is loud country music on all the time. Gimme a break, a finger bowl! really. I don't think there are any restuarants around here who regularly give you a finger bowl. Maybe Indianapolis, but certainly not here. Glad you liked the show. We had to watch it just so we could see people we knew act stupid!

Now Erik Estrada impressed me. Not with his service to the MPD, but by the fact that he promised to come back in 2007 and do our charity, SHop with a Cop. He really did come back. I guess he has integrity. He swears to come back each year for the kids.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi, I am from Winchester, just 20 mi. east of you. I have been on here for a few years, diff from signature, under another name. I absolutely love it here, checking in every day. I have learned alot here. Where is all the snow? We were to get 3-5 inches last night, but only got a dusting.

Nice to meet you.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Now Erik Estrada impressed me. Not with his service to the MPD, but by the fact that he promised to come back in 2007 and do our charity, SHop with a Cop. He really did come back. I guess he has integrity. He swears to come back each year for the kids.
wow. now thats something you dont normally hear about. dh is a huge CHiPs fan and so he especially liked watching erik estrada. to hear that he promised something and then followed thru. anyone can say something but then to come back and follow thru, thats awesome... thanks for sharing that tidbit.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm from Terre Haute, IN. For those of you who don't know where it's at, it's about a hr south of Indianapolis.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi, I live off of 69 between Ft Wayne and Muncie in the middle of the corn and bean fields. As a matter of fact I went to school in Muncie (good ol' Ball State).

·
Registered
968 Posts
I am in southern Indiana near Jasper.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Bedford

Bedford here... Small town 25 miles south of Bloomington

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Next door neighbor here in Ohio, and ya'all are the home of my favorite heartland rocker :)

kj

1 - 16 of 16 Posts