Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had too much time on my hands today and I found a free cat toy. I just got some free sample tampons in the mail and I got to thinking they have a "tail" and can be easily moved by a cat. So I took it out of the applicator and tossed across the room. My cats went NUTS over this!:kitty:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
rofl, well then. Multi tasking tampons!!

My cats always loved the rings from milk gallons. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
That is just too funny. Thanks for the laught.

But really, I think it was very creative of you, and I'm glad the cat had such a great time.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
My cats love milk rings too. They also love the plastic wrap that maxi-pads come in. They did them out of the bathroom garbage can every month. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
My cats love milk jug rings too!!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Jennybethg - I am laughing my butt off!!! That is too funny,

My cat, Jack Daniels, loves the milk rings as well. My mom has to save hers for us since we don't drink milk. He also likes for me to shred paper and give him a piece of it.

My dog, Frannie, loves toilet paper rolls. We call them Tootsie Rolls. We keep a few in the toilet paper basket next to the toilet. She comes into the bathroom while I am going tinkle (TMI, I know)and will stand on her hind legs in front of me. I reach down and get a roll, hold it in the air above her head (she is only 12 inches tall) and I sing "Tootsie roll, tootsie roll. Let me see your tootsie roll." She starts hopping in circles on only her hind legs and barking until I give it to her.

I did read a while back where a lady's cat loved the ties that come with bread. He would play with them over and over. She noticed he was not wanting to eat so she took him to the vet. The cat had gotten part of a bread tie imbedded (sp?) in the top part of the inside of his mouth. Ever since I read that, I started discarding all bread ties. Once we open the bread, I throw the tie away.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Another cat toy is a Fuji film canister (they are clear). Put a cat treat in it and cap it. Roll it across the floor and watch your kitty go nutso trying to get the treat out. When s/he tires of the toy, open it and give the treat to you cat.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
OMG!! Too funny! :laugh:

·
Registered
818 Posts
My kitty use to love milk rings too. She also loved peanuts still in the shell.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Another toy similar to the film canister is the plastic containers that Kinders Surprise toys come in. You can put catnip in them and watch your cats go crazy. Also, if you live in an older house that has hooks in the ceiling to hang plants from, you can hang a long piece of elastic or string from them and tie a toy onto the end. My cats love this! I thought about giving my cats milk rings to play with but one of them eats anything plastic, so I have to be careful.

·
Registered
579 Posts
my kitten loves bendy straws....hey 500/1$ cant get cheaper than that...and you'll have fun explaining the tampons if you lose track of it and guests come to find it on the couch..lol

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the other suggestions! I forgot that my cats also like it when I put a hair tie in the bathtub.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
I just saw this thread. How funny. I had a cat years ago that loved the traditional crunched up paper balls, but only if they were pink. ???? I thought cats were mostly color blind. Maybe it was a fragrance from the dye? And all that's well and good, but there is nothing as exciting as a fly that gets into the apartment. I just try not to be watching when one of them finally catches it and gulps it down. Yucck.

A rain on the parade note -- string and rubber bands can wreck havoc with a cat's intestines. Thread too. I'm always nervous when I'm sewing and try to see that every stray thread makes it into the covered wastebasket. I can't afford $3000 emergency surgery. But string supervised is pure joy to a cat's heart. Mine would attest to that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts