Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the price of a typical Thanksgiving meal up 40% over the last two years, NPR's business desk finds inflation-friendly substitutes for traditional dishes.

Substitutionsgiving: Inflation-friendly substitutes for thanksgiving dishes

"Almost $30 this year for a 16-pound turkey, it is the most expensive thing on the Thanksgiving table. I took it on, and I felt a lot of pressure. It's so iconic. And, you know, finding any meat that's going to feed 10 people for less than 18 bucks is not easy. Chicken, ground, beef, fish, even Spam - they've all skyrocketed in price, too expensive. "

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
That's funny they say there is a glut of sweet potatoes (North Carolina). Apparently NC is the leading producer, followed by CA and MS producing almost 100% of all sweet potatoes in USA. Well I was really pleased when they went to 25 cents/lb here.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
well, I'm cooking with what I have. I think that's the most frugal
I cooked with things that i already had except a small ham and sweet potatoes and a friend had done give me some home made freezer rolls we cooked them today then when she came by today she brought a pumpkin roll the other day she sent me some home made freezer biscuits have not tried them yet but she said she liked the biscuits better then the yeast roll but the east roll were delicious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts