Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something about the way this guy wrote this out amuses me!

Wash full loads of clothes, not a problem at my house, in the coolest water that will get those difficult stains out. Rinse with cold water. Helpful Tip: Dry clothes before wearing particularly, in winter. Did you ever wonder where lint comes from? I am of the belief that it is the remains of that odd sock the dryer eats from time to time. Lint also has many other uses such as vacuum cleaner food, play toy for the cat and it can be woven into other clothes like corduroy pants. So clean out the lint filter after every load of clothes and save it in those yogurt containers that you have stuffed under the kitchen cabinet.

The automatic setting on the dryer is there for a reason. Most new dryers have a moisture sensor that shuts the thing off when the clothes are dry. We want to sell you energy, but over drying clothes sets in wrinkles and we consider wrinkles a serious fashion mistake. Try to dry full loads of clothes, but don’t overload the dryer like you used to do when you were first on your own. Think of it like going to a party. With too many people in the room, you have trouble circulating around the room. With too few people it’s a long walk to the refreshments (keyword Inefficient). If this is confusing to you, or you don’t get out much, just remember automatic setting good, wrinkles bad. Try to dry several loads, one right after another. You already spent the money to heat the thing up so take advantage of it.:toothy:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
He is too funny. But hey...who told him that wrinkles are a fashion no-no :toothy: just kidding.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Kathy, I was trying to keep that tidbit hush hush since my iron and I are not on speaking terms!:toothy:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
:crackup: Too Funny!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I think he's right about drying the clothes before wearing, especiaaly in winter ...... LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts