Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with informativepost.com ? It seems legit...you write articles, they publish them if they like them, and then they pay you based on how much traffic you generate for the site. I didn't see anything about having to pay anything, just them paying you.

Anyone have any experience or have any knowledge of the site?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have this site in my bookmarks! Forgot all about it until I came across this post. Will have to check back into it! I write so much, it sure would be nice to earn a little cash from it!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's worth checking out. You could always call the Better Business Bureau before you commit to something big. And if they don't like your work, you can submit it somewhere else.

Good luck from a fellow writer!

·
Registered
113 Posts
While it may be legit, trying to make any reasonable income off "maybe we'll pay you for traffic" deals is not easy. If you think your articles are good, why not start by sending them to magazines and trade journals? Many of those pay $100+ for a decent article, instead of waiting and waiting for maybe $5.

Also, most "pay by traffic" sites have minimums you have to earn before they pay out. Even if it's just a $10 minimum, it could takes months for a typical article to earn that (on a typical site). That way they get to avoid paying most contributors. It's just a drag.

I only mention this because I see so many writers just giving their work away, instead of trying to work smart and go after more ambitious markets.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm guessing too that if they go by traffic generated that it could take quite awhile to get enough to be paid.

That's kind of like with epinions ... years ago I used to make good money from them but it's seemed to have slowed down so much now that to me, it's not worth it [getting paid by the clicks thing.]

Good luck if you do decide to try it and let us know how it goes, okay? :)

Love,

Jen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts