Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you buy ink cartridges? I have a cheapo lexmark printer and cartridges are about $18 for a black. Where do you buy cartridges? Is there a good place online? TIA!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I buy generic brand cartridges on eBay. My printer can't always read the ink levels from them, but they do work. Saves me quite a bit of money! For instance: One magenta cartridge probably runs me $14-18 normally, but I just bought a set of 3 cartridges (one of each color: magenta, cyan, yellow) for a total of $12 on eBay and it was even free shipping. Also just bought 5 black cartridges for about $15 total (normally they'd be about $13 each).

·
8,714 Posts
~I get generics on Ebay too. Cartridges for my Epson printer are soooo cheap! For $12, shipping included, I can get a set of 4 black ink cartridges and 2 color cartridges. I've never had any trouble with generics, even when printing photos and t-shirt transfers.~

·
Registered
374 Posts
I get mine at staples. I have a Lexmark all in one. They ran me about 40.00 but I can refill them at least 5 times. The refill kit was 9.00 so the cartridges even out at about 10 bucks a piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts