Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone left a pen in his workshirt and threw it in the laundry hamper. I didn't notice and washed to whole thing. Results: a HUGE ink stain that goes all down the arm of the shirt. I tried using alcohol but it isn't getting all of it. I've now doused and blotted about 5 times and there still is a lot of ink.
Anyone have a suggestion? The shirt is grey and the fabric is polyester and cotton blend.
Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hair spray usually works, spray on stain and let sit for a while

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Have you tried soaking in a strong OxyClean solution for an hour? That stuff seems to lift a lot of different types of stains.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Libby: I was afraid the oxyclean would fade the shirt. Might just have to try it.
227M: unfortunately I don't have hairspray. Was hoping to use something I already have

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
They have hairspray at the dollar store and its a good stain remover to keep around. The polyester wil let go of the ink easily but the cotton may get dyed by it. BTDT. DH is a geek w/o the pocket protester.lol

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Rubbing alcahol works also.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
try that felsnapatha (SP???) it works wonders!!! i am new to using it and it even gets out red wine stains!!! yeah! so, give it a shot....it has worked on the most awful stains in this house!!! even ones that were old are lighter or gone....good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts