Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this? You add a bag of powder to one can of paint, then I guess you apply 2 coats. I saw it on HSN the other night & also Birney mentioned it, but I can't seem to find much on it.

The brand insuladd says that you can save up to 20% on your heat & cooling bills, by applying this. I called my paint dealer & they haven't heard of it. I've only read what the people on their website says, which of course is all good.

We need to paint inside & out so was wondering if we should apply it. I wonder if that would save me 40%..lol. It says to apply to one room to see the difference,, a 20% saving on the heat bill would really be nice. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Insulating roof and wall coatings such as Insuladd® insulating paint additive have been used by commercial painting contractors on the facilities of major corporations and manufacturers. The list of companies using paint to be more energy efficient include such firms as Martin Marietta, IBM, Exxon, The U.S. Air Force, Ford Motor Company, and many, many more. These insulating coatings were applied to save the buildings owners as much as 40% on their heating and cooling costs! Found this on http://insuladd.com/insulating-paint-history.html

·
Registered
15,917 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link birney, thats what I was looking for. All I could find was the Insuladd website.

Right now hsn has it on clearance, but the shipping seems high. I think we are going to try it inside & out. Maybe it will make a difference on these plaster walls

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts