Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it certainly wasn't what I expected. This year it was from the States side, next year it will be from the Canadian side. They take turns every second year.

The lady who did it this time brought quilts from her store. There were approx. 10 quilts. I took 5 pictures so I'll be posting 5 pictures for you to see.

btw - I stopped at the musuem in Boissevain and the lady there told me that there are few volunteers that will take on the quilting show at the Peace Gardens. Most of the older people are tired and their aren't many younger ones wanting to take the job on. After hearing that, it helped put things into perspective.

The first quilt was really cool. Perfect for a quilt about America.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one was really cool. They now have "chenille strips" in 1/2 inch. There is a line down the middle. You sew it around your hearts, etc. Once sewn, you wet it and comb it with a special comb, all bought from quilting stores. It was awesome!!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last one. I wish it had been hung in a different place because this one was my favorite. It was called "The Rose quilt" and was all roses. Very beautiful. The timbers from the building cast shadows on the quilt and no matter how I stood, the shadows were there.

·
27,948 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing with us CJ! I hope your thoroughly enjoyed yourselves!:)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love going to quilt shows. These are beautiful quilts.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
The quilts are very pretty. I love the chenille.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
These are simply beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for posting pictures of them.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts