Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess i'm a bit late in posting this but March 8th is celebrated all over the world as international women's day.
My wishes to all the ladies out there struggling to make their own tiny worlds a better place to live.

"International Women's Day (8 March) is an occasion marked by women's groups around the world. This date is also commemorated at the United Nations and is designated in many countries as a national holiday. When women on all continents, often divided by national boundaries and by ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic and political differences, come together to celebrate their Day, they can look back to a tradition that represents at least nine decades of struggle for equality, justice, peace and development."

-veena.
:wave2:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yep, the people here celebrated all day (and all night) yesterday. Our neighbors kept us up until 3 am with their partying. They use any excuse here to party so we weren't surprised, but definitely frustrated since Dh needed to leave to get someone at the airport at 3 am and needed to get some sleep before that and wasn't able to. Sorry totally off-topic there....lol!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts