Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I watched it tonight.I hope this will eventaully come out on dvd.I miss a little getting up and down with the kids...and chloe:paw:

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I hope there will be a DVD as well. So far I am loving this. For those of you that missed it and want to play catch up, the first 3 are airing July 4th starting at noon and the next new episode will be July 8th.

I've taped the first 3 so far. I may have to watch them some this week.

For those that saw it this week, was I the only one that cried when the family was reunited (or at least when Margaret found her daddy?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I really like this series also

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
KKCondrey said:

For those that saw it this week, was I the only one that cried when the family was reunited (or at least when Margaret found her daddy?
I boo-hoo-ed too!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I cried too!!!! We have really enjoyed this series and I hope it comes out on DVD too!!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is a fantastic series.

I cried when Graham Greene, the Lakota chief, was shot by the butt of an Army guy.

My husband is Lakota, so seeing what happened to a lot of his ancestors is just heartbreaking. I know they did their research, because DH verified the Sundance stuff and the language. I can even pick out some of the Lakota words, like for Dog, and some of the songs are similiar to what they play at the pow-wows (my husband is a dancer in the arenas).

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I almost forgot about it this weekend along with getting back from vacation and not feeling well, but I finally remembered and set the VCR to tape it. I did miss not seeing Jacob & Thunder Heart Woman this week though.

Don't get me wrong, I really am enjoying this television event, but if I were rating the shows, this past week (episode 4) would be my least favorite (but I still thought it was good....I just wish Margaret would have let her brother help her escape).

·
Registered
968 Posts
I agree I was mad at Margaret this week also.
I have recorded the episodes on DVD, but I missed the first 15min of episode 1 :bang: I was looking at the wrong timezone.

If anyone has all of episode 1, I would love to borrow it.

Also I hope to get all the episodes on DVD. If anyone wants a copy after the seasons over, I would be glad to burn a copy for the cost of the blanks.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I forgot that I moved the vcr to a different tv and I forgot to reprogram it so I have yet to tape or see all of this weeks episode. I'll just have to get it done tomorrow. I've caught bits of it tonight while cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry, can't wait to see the whole thing though.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I can't believe the last weekend is here. Those 6 weeks (7 if you count the weekend of the fourth when they didn't have a show) really flew by.

All in all I've really enjoyed it (Can't wait for it to come out on DVD).

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
That's so cool! Thanks Kat for posting that info. I missed last week,and again tonight,and really hate watching it now and see what happens when I missed a week ya know. I'll prob just wait till it's on dvd. I hope Wal-Mart is cheaper than $40...yikes!

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
bamamomto4 said:
That's so cool! Thanks Kat for posting that info. I missed last week,and again tonight,and really hate watching it now and see what happens when I missed a week ya know. I'll prob just wait till it's on dvd. I hope Wal-Mart is cheaper than $40...yikes!
Tammy, they show the previous weeks episode at 6 on Sunday before the 8 o'clock viewing of the current weeks episode if you want to try and catch last week and the finale before Oct. ;)

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
They do? lol I'll try and watch them tomorrow then. Not sure I can sit for 4 hours though. Or watch the one at 6 then the encore at 10,if they show it. Or watch one tomorrow and one Sunday.... Thanks Kat!!! What would I do without you :smooch:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
DH has already put the box set on his christmas list...lol

21 - 37 of 37 Posts