Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Tammy, 34 years old, single and no children. I just joined your group today. I am glad to be included here as I am always searching for insight, wisdom, education and new like-minded friendships. It can be difficult for me to have good conversations in the "real world", about topics related to this forum, as I do actually live this type of lifestyle. Most people tend to just think I am foolish and all the things I seek information on are nonsense.

I currently live off-grid on 8 and a half acres here in central Kentucky. More specifically Ohio county. I bought this property on my birthday 3/23 of last year. It is all wooded, so I cleared a little spot in the middle and had one of those portable sheds brought out for me to live in. It is the garden barn style with loft. I have worked at making it into a little cabin for myself.

I have no electricity, except for using an inverter and my car. I have a small set of garden solar lights and some rechargeable do-dads to get me by. I am trying to life a self sustaining lifestyle. Learning as I go. I have a public blog, with pictures that tells about my adventure from the very beginning, take a peek anytime. email me for link [email protected]

What I am looking for here in this group is a chance to mingle with like-minded folks. Learn new things, exchange ideas, share what I have learned and make new friends. Thank you for having me, Tammy

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hello Tammy and welcome to the Village. :wave:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Hi Tammy! :welcome: to the Village. It is great to have you joining us. I bet we can all learn a lot from you. I would love to live off the grid, but it has never been possible for us.

Please make yourself right at home and feel free to jump in anywhere.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hi Tammy and :welcome: to Frugal Village! I would love to read your story, I will email ya in a bit. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Hi and :welcome:

·
Registered
419 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Hi and welcome to the village. I would love to read more about your. I would love to live off the grid, but the rest of my family would not hear of it. I sure I could learn alot from you.

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome to the Village! I love your sense of adventure & am looking forward to getting to know you better.:)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Welcome to Frugal Village!

·
Registered
674 Posts
hello!

Hi from Louisville KY! Hubby and I plan on moving to the country once my kids are grown. I can't wait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts