Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - it has been a while since I first found frugalvillage and I can't honestly remember if I ever introduced myself or not, so here it goes.....

What interests you here? Love quilting and am so-so at gardening

Do you know any other members here? Not a sole

How many kids? Ages? 3 kids - 16 DD, 14 DD and 3 DS

Tell us about yourself. I have been married 19 yrs. to my wonderful DH and we are currently renovating our home of 8 yrs. We bought it knowing we were going to be doing work on it, but it is definetely trying times.

Do you own any pets? 1 Cat, 1 Dog, 1 Jersey calf, 4 chickens

SAHM or Working mom? Full time working mom

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Welcome, even if you've been here a while!! LOL
What is your calf for - milking or meat? whats it been like raising it? has it been worth it - is it expensive? Initial cost + food ? (can you tell I want some? Why did you pick a jersey?

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Welcome to the village.

:wave:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Hi there, I'm glad you've decided to join us. Why not come over to the homesteading thread and tell us more about your jersey calf and chickens? I would just love to have a jersey, I'm very envious.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Welcome to the village! I echo forestdale, come on over to the homestead thread and tell us more:)

·
27,948 Posts
Hi there!:yippee: So glad to have you posting.:thumb:

You are so brave to remodel the house with your hubby, I really don't think my dh would survive if we did ours.;)

Got your hands full with 2 teen dd's(those teen girl years can be a doozy) and a sweet little boy.:heartsm:
Looking forward to getting to know you better!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
:wave: Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Welcome to FV! :wave2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I forgot my password so it took me a bit to get back here. :)

My DD picked the Jersey because they are too cute! Ours are raised strictly for breeding and milking. They are a gentle breed with a high cream content in their milk. My FIL has beef cattle that are shipped out for beef so my DD is aware of what real life is all about with these animals.

Again, thank you for the welcome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts