Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out there using iPads? Christmas before last I got one as a present from my dad. I use it daily for all kinds of things like storing my recipes, surfing the internet, reading books (I get free books on the Amazon Kindle app), reading some magazines, keeping notes, keeping up with the weather, watching Youtube videos, etc.

Does anyone have any apps to suggest that they use to improve their frugality?

Here are some apps I like

-Facebook and Twitter apps- (you can not only keep up with family and friends, but you can follow people who make frugal posts)
-Pinterest app- You can find all kinds of ideas on recycling/upcycling, recipes, gardening, decorating, anything really. I call it a "black hole" because it sucks you in, and you can't get away from it.
-Kindle app-You can get lots of free books. There are also some mailing lists that you can find that will send you daily emails with lists of books that are free that day.
-Dictionary app
-Google translator app
-Google Earth app
-iTunes U app- You can listen to free college classes on a cool variety of subjects
-Weekly Ads and Sales app
-Zinio app-You can read magazines here. Sometimes if you subscribe to digital magazines you like, they're cheaper if you get the digital version.

I'd love to hear other's suggestions!

Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I use my iPad to connect with online students who use Face Time. I like it because it's portable and goes wherever I go. I also use it to stream movies when I'm cooking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts