Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all sorts of irises and I love them all but, I just went browsing in a local nursery and found a varigated iris and of course I had to have some.Anyone else here have experience with these?I was just wondering if they mutiply as quickly as other irises?Any help or input will be appreciated.TIA!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I dont know much about iris other than my mother loving hers. We dug up her iris garden, so I could plant a vegetable garden instead. We sent the bulbs to my sister in Illinois a couple of years ago, they are blooming like crazy now. They were originally in California, the temps are almost opposite. Also I noticed when I dug them up, that the bulbs had grown into huge clumps.

I know that many people easily propagate them, but I dont know how. Good luck Susie!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I am no expert but I think all iris will propogate themselves with little hep from humans.
Mine are growing well after being moved but not blooming, perhaps next year they will do that.

·
27,948 Posts
I havent seen any varigated Iris but I want some, lol. They must be so showy when they bloom! Now you have me wanting to seek them out Susie.:)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Me too Darlene, I've never seen the variagated. I would imagine they would be the same as the others. Enjoy Susie, they sound beautiful!!:smball:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for the replies............I get so excited about my irises!You all have got to see these, they are so different.I have a bout 200 irises but, only about 4 varities & 10 different colors , these are called a varigated sweet iris and when they bloom they are supposed to be blue with a yellow beard(that`s what the card said)and smell really sweet.

I am so glad I found this board...........you Ladies are great!{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}Thanks !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts