Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started using the free version of Everydollar.com. I love it! I've been entering my receipts into the computer regularly. I love how it subtracts the amounts immediately. I know exactly where I am with my spending on a daily basis.

Is anyone here using it? How do you like it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just started using the free version of Everydollar.com. I love it! I've been entering my receipts into the computer regularly. I love how it subtracts the amounts immediately. I know exactly where I am with my spending on a daily basis.

Is anyone here using it? How do you like it?
Are you using it on a computer or using the smartphone app? I've been planning on downloading the app on my iPhone because I don't have a computer. Don't know if the app is as good??? Wish I could get the app on my kindle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still using an older computer, so I just go to the website. (My cell phone is a Jitterbug.) I think a lot of people are in your situation. My computer guy had been telling me that this computer is really slow...(Most people now use ipads.) Now I'm glad that I kept it. I also bought a used mini ipad for $50.00, but I still use this most of the time. I'm comfortable on it.

I think the app is good. I don't have a smart phone, but I heard on his radio show that the iphone app is free.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually started using an excel spreadsheet. I'm sure everydollar.com is great, but I just like excel because it makes my budget more customizable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used it, couldn't get wife on board. Maybe the paid version would be easier, I was entering in payments every other night or so. On PC at home. No smart phone, no app. ETA I liked it, but just gave up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a loyal YNAB user now. I tried using EveryDollar.com and while it makes sense for a monthly budget I don't like that it doesn't have the checkbook balancing type feature that YNAB has. By balancing the accounts I assure that I account for every transaction and don't cheat the budget. YNAB has also given me a sense of peace in the fact that I now earn my money a month ahead instead of anticipating the money coming in. I am still in Baby Step 2 for a couple of more months, but I am still at peace in the fact that I have the money for all my expenses on hand the month before hand.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Excel user here, probably because I use it for tracking, projections plus savings and I could happily spend an hour just messing around with the figures :) Will give it a peek though, as sometimes they have a wee feature that I might be able to build into my excel sheet.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like the flexibility that Excel offers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I initially signed up for the basic, free version of EveryDollar.com which I liked, but have been very impressed since I decided to upgrade, allowing my bank transactions to be linked. Can't recommend this program highly enough!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would recommend opting for the upgrade given the time you'll save manually inputting transactions. I did so about 2 weeks ago and am so happy that I did!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm old school too. I really find value in writing out my budget and write out relevant notes to go along with my Every Dollar budget. There is something magical about writing the math down that sticks in my brain differently. The combination - hand written and electronic - is what I've found works best for me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I have started using it vs a spreadsheet. My only beef with it is I cannot make notes with transactions using the app. I like to make notes of the breakdown of my miscellaneous category and it only shows up online. I want to be able to stand in line at the bank and pull up my notes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mint user here - connects to other accounts without need to pay for anything, and has app as well.

I also use Excel for modeling and tracking the debt snowball, as Mint doesn't have customizable payoff goals (you can do either loans or credit cards, and it orders them by interest rate). The savings goals features are good though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts