Frugal Village Forums banner

Is anyone else burnt out from working?

Tags
burnt working
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Chea 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is burnt out from working? I have every other week-end off and every Monday off. The Monday's I have off I do housekeeping. Lately I have been working overtime for the last two weeks due to one of the girls at work sister died of cancer and her brother is dying of cancer so she has taken three weeks off. I don't mind the extra money, but I am so burnt out. Goal was to go down to 72 hours every two weeks starting in Sept. but that is not going to happen due to having to put a new roof, siding, and eaves on my garage. This will definetly (sp) bring down my EF. When I do go down from 80 hours to 72 hours want to have at least three months in my EF if something should happen to me and cannot work for a few months. I guess I just get tired of being burnt out and trying to get things done around the house. Does anyone else get burntout from working?

#2 ·
I know I do from time to time. Last night I was up until 11:30 PM working on my own business work, but now I'm here at my regular day job, where I work a normal 40 hours. So on average I put in 62 hours of work total a week. I'm tired and I wish I could go part time at my regular day job, but I can't right now since that is how I mainly get paid. Sometimes I don't feel like doing this work, heck sometimes I don't feel like working at all.

#4 ·
:hug2:

#5 ·
Boy does this question ever hit home...

I'm past burn out - I think that I am existing on auto-pilot right now. I work full time and have a husband and three kids who keep me very, very busy. Between all that, I am currently being treated for some health problems, including three herniated disks, so I am in constant pain as well. My typical night of sleep is 5 hrs per night on good nights...So to answer your question, yes! I'm tired - but what do you do, but keep on going the best you can...

#6 ·
I DEF run borderline on BURNTOUT -- TOTALLY BURNTOUT.
There is def enough to keep me busy here at home with my family but then u throw in the 40 hours a week and it drives me into the ground. I have great fastasies about calling in -- but I'm trying to hold off until its nice weather and I'm calling in for a good reason!

We have some camping weekends coming up and I'm DEF looking to recharge my batteries on those days. I usually get through the work week by focusing on the weekend and trying to IGNORE the workday!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.