Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure we missed doing this last year, but we usually go every year with my mil.

How about you? Will you be going this year?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We go to the local orchards and get pumpkins and look around at the craft booths that are often there. As far as picking apples, we have a granny smith tree in the front yard ;oaded with apples and my neighbors have apple trees that go unpicked, so we get lots of apples from their trees. They are happy to have them picked so they don't have to rake them up..... This year dd and her bf are going to help me do tons of apple recipes to put up and we'll send her bf home with plenty for her family.... It should be fun...... I have plenty of sugar and cinnamon on hand...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I will be going, it will be tougher than usual since the kids are in school full time so that means we will be going on a weekend but I have to go apple picking!!

Eileen

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Just got back awhile ago from doing just that!:) Here is the website of the orchard that we go to right here in my town. The boys have worked there in the past.

www.bishop-orchard.com

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I'm the same as Lori, we have an apple tree in the side yard. I picked what I needed, but the rest just dropped to the ground. Last week during a bad wind storm the last ones fell.

They are all raked up now.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Went to the Apple Festival in Hendersonville, NC last weekend and picked a bushel full, then one of the guys that works for DH brought us another bushel by yesterday afternoon. Up to my eyeballs in apples! Look out kitchen, here I come! LMAO. SO tired of cooking this week, did several OAMC sessions as well. But at least I won't have to worry about what my guys will eat while I'm in Texas.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I think my MIL, FIL and Angie go to the apple festival in Hendersonville, but I'm not sure if they went this year. I know that they go somewhere up there and pick apples. Last year she gave me two jars of apple butter.

I love apples and if I knew a place to go get some good ones (besides the store) I'd be there in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Last year a small local orchard was giving apples away, so we're keeping an eye out for that again. This year we have about 5 5-gallon buckets of pears to put up.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we're going next weekend (weather permitting) :apple:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
We will be going within the next weekend or two. Apple pies and applesauce aplenty soon. Peaches, pears and plumbs soon to follow in CT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts