Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a few quilts.

One that is a gift - just need to finish the binding.

My snowman BOM quilt.

The Batiks quilt that is a BOM as well. I get the new block the first Sat. of each month. Can't wait until April 1st.

Charity quilts.

Anyone else quilting?

·
Registered
916 Posts
My sweatshirt quilt has been put on hold since I can't seem to stay awakelong enough to do anything with it.

I did get the top done for Miss K's new quilt. I would like to get it pinned & basted to begin quilting today while she naps. We'll see, though.

If I get to it, I'll post a pic. :) Still don't know if I like it or not....at this point, I'm just trying to get it done & over with. :)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I've been quilting like crazy - one of the reasons I've been around here less. :toothy: Rebecca's quilt is about 40% quilted. I've never done such intense, intricate quilting, but I am VERY pleased with how it is coming out. No, it's not perfect, but it is lovely. When I get it done, I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I just finished assembling a quilt for my dad's birthday. It is my very first one. It is the Yellow Brick Road pattern. I'm going to pin it tonight and then I'm going to quilt it myself. Just something simple, I'm just going to quilt 1/4" inside all of the squares. I need to get it done by April 4th!!! I know what I'm going to be working on every evening til then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm working on a birdhouse BOM and a "outdoor, woods type" theme BOM. I have my eye on a snowman one too, but I think I'd better get these two done first.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I've been busy quilting and rug hooking and stitching. Finished my hardanger pieces finally, so I've been working on piecing quilt tops.

Have my Majic Tiles quilt binding almost on. That will finish that quilt. Have a blue and orange lap quilt top pieced. And the material to finish it. Also two baby quilt tops pieced and two more on the way. The baby quilts, except one, are for charity.

Jean

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am working on a sampler quilt for my quilting class, each block is done using a different technique. I have 2 more classes and I will be finished that one.
I am also working on a twin size quilt for my Granddaughter, I am almost finished piecing that one. The local quilt shop is doing a BOM, Dutchmans puzzle. I am doing that one also.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm doing the quilt-a-long from craftser.org

·
Registered
477 Posts
My step-mom's aunt just got moved into a nursing home due to alheizers (sp) and she was a lifelong quiltler. Since nobody in that family quilts, me and my sister "inherited" all her quilting supplies and fabric. I was so overwhelmed by the quanitity of fabric, I couldn't even go thru it in one day.
So last night, I took the yellow fabric and started to make a "dresden Plate" quilt. this will be my first time doing applique, usually I just do blocks, so I am excited to see how it will turn out. I am about halfway done cutting, so look for pictures when I finally get this thing done!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts