Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone says, "CJ is bonkers, she is thinking of Christmas when were thinking of gardening".

I just received my craft bookclub flyer for this month and although I'm cancelling my membership, I noticed they had lots of scrapbooking books and supplies this month. I got to thinking about Christmas and how some of these things would make great Christmas gifts.

Then I was thinking about yard sales. I'm now going to make a list and see what I can pick up for Christmas.

I'm setting a goal for myself, to get all my Christmas shopping done by Sept. 1 and to have anything I'm going to make done by Sept. 30th.

How about you, anyone finished shopping or close to finished with this years Christmas shopping?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I have thought about Christmas and have kinda thought about some crafts to try, but haven't gone any further than that. I would love to have it done earlier and to do less of it all together, but we will see.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm usually finished with my Christmas shopping by now but this year I haven't even given it much thought.

Now ya got me thinking. LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did you say CHRISTMAS???
I AM STILL WORKING ON EASTER--- I KNOW I KNOW! I AM ONE HUGE PROCRASTINATOR! :loser: LOL

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have a lots of my shopping done already, I hope to plant lots of lavender this year for Christmas Crafts.......

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
LOL I just came back from Target. I got a Magna Doodle for Courtney for Christmas. It was only $8.88

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm just about finished with my Christmas shopping for 2003! Woohoo! I wait until closer to the holiday to buy for DH and my sons because I want to give them all their presents as soon as I get them. LOL! But...I have my extended family taken care of and the white elephant gifts done too. There have been some great deals online lately that I have taken advantage of and used some gift certificates that I got for doing surveys to pay for a bunch of the gifts.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I think about Christmas all year long - I just love it! I've got a couple of things for ds already and was just thinking this morning about some things for dh. I picked up goodie bags really cheap after this past Christmas at Walgreens (90% off) so a lot of people will be receiving homemade goodies in those this year.

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
I had a book store shop last week and I got Jacob 3 Christmas books and us a 4 sets of Christmas cds the entire lot was 10.00 which I will be reimbursed for!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm about a third finished with my Christmas stuff, mostly finished with birthdays for the year, and knitting feverishly on several different projects. I like to have all of Christmas finished by the end of September, so I can concentrate on my son's bday for the whole month of October, and can appreciate the rest of the holidays with lower stress levels.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Wow, I am so impressed with what everyone has got accomplished! Lori, whatcha gonna make with the lavender?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I haden't even given it a thought really, I picked up some stuff at the clearance sales after the holidays, some bath sets, candles, etc. I also picked up all birthday presents for the year after x-mas as well. Now you got me thinking about yard saleing I should really make some goals and start checking my list twice!

Nealy

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am over 1/2 way done. I shop year round and try to knock it out asap, so that I can enjoy the holiday season with my family and not stressing over buying gifts for family and friends. My MIL has caught on and she is doing the same things now...lol! I have picked up a few things for the boys, but I mainly buy theirs closer to Christmas with DH's so they can tell me what that one thing is they can't live without.:sansm:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Not sure what to make with the lavender yet, there are so many nice ideas, if you know any, let me know !!!!!!!!!
BTW..... I'm done for Easter, and just about everyones Birthdays.......

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I try to work on it year-round. layaway's are great but I do get funny looks when I ask what everyone is interested in...lol...so far I've got 2 of my gifts done.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I haven't even thought about christmas yet...... till now. LOL I should get started early but always seem to make it wait till the last minute.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Every year I think that I want to get my Christmas shopping done early, and every year that never happens. Although I did good last year and I was done a week or so after black Friday. Maybe this year I will finally get this accomplished.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I can alot of things and give them as gifts. Last year I was so pleased when some people said to me that they really loved my apple butter. I also make pepper jelly and zuchinni relish that is real popular. Alex and I painted stained glass ornaments and baked cookies and spiced nuts that went over well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts