Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last month or so I have not seen any good deals/enough deals to get me to drive the 20 minutes over there, and I get frustrated my up rewards don't even last 3 weeks before they expire. Anyone else frustrated with them as of late?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I have bought VERY FEW things at my Rite Aid in AGES.

I very much DISLIKE the 'buck back' (my name for it) program that they started........I would like the discount NOW not when I come back in to shop in 3 months!!

Their prices aren't great and often if it is 2 days into a sale (or even one on some things) they won't have the item.

Not worth my time to check...........

·
Registered
174 Posts
I cut RA out of my regular drugstore coupon shopping trips about a year ago, they always gave me grief about my coupons and often didn't have the items in stock. Not worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Every so often, but not very often, they have a deal that's worth driving the less than 1/4 mile to get there...and I agree with some of the other posters...they do tend to give a bit of grief with coupons...and I'm not a big fan of the "UP" rewards thing they do.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I do very well at ours most of the time. Of course, it's the only drug store in our neighborhood. We don't drive, and CVS is 2.5 miles away. I will walk there in good weather - but we're still waiting for that.
Just tonight I saved $18.64 in "wellness savings" (accumalated discount plus sale prices) and 13.58 in coupons, then I left with another $10 in "Up rewards" the hardest thing for me is remembering to log the reciepts online for the extra rebates and such. That's something I'm working on.
I still spent $30 - but that was a lot of cleaning supplies for cleaning the basement to make our put in a pantry down stairs, (Lysol products on sale this week).
Plus, we get great deals on clearance products esp. when I can match it up with a coupon.
I guess a lot of it has to do with how convient it is.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I went to Rite Aid on the first day of the sale at 9:00 a.m. and they were totally out of dh's hair gel which was a buy 1, get 1 free and then I got the last of their 7-ups that were four for $10. I said that is crazy and I will not make anymore trips there. It is out of my way and not worth having a rain check that you have to go back for if they do not even have the item in stock early on the first day of the sale. Gas is too expensive and precious for nonsense like that.

A2M

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love Rite Aid! It is my current favorite store. I have received tons of stuff for just the tax. Maybe you should look up a coupon site and they can help you find the deals!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Rite is pretty good for me but I drive by it every day so it is not out of the way for me. We are having issues with low stock though on the UPR items.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I noticed the exact same thing with their recent email flyers.

I'm shopping Market Basket, Shaw's, Stop & Shop, CVS tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I went to Rite Aid on the first day of the sale at 9:00 a.m. and they were totally out of dh's hair gel which was a buy 1, get 1 free and then I got the last of their 7-ups that were four for $10. I said that is crazy and I will not make anymore trips there. It is out of my way and not worth having a rain check that you have to go back for if they do not even have the item in stock early on the first day of the sale. Gas is too expensive and precious for nonsense like that.

A2M
Yep, same here. But this type of thing started for me ages ago even before they started the up reward thing........which I hate (but have to admit -is a good 'business/money' practice FOR THEM!)

Have even gotten a rain check......only to be told about a month later that they were no longer carrying that item!!!

If I go there once a month I would be surprised and it is close to my house......just can't be bothered to stop and 'potentially' waste my time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Today I went in to purchase two razors that were advertised on sale, and offered $5.00 Up-Rewards, plus I had a $3.00 coupon for each. They were out, and a similar item from the same brand was in it's place. I asked the store manager if it was intended to be a replacement offer - and he did the price adjustment and even took off the extra $5.00 per razer to replace the up-rewards that I would have lost out on, still making each one $1.99 each. Which used the up-rewards I got yesterday for the purchase of hair ties for S.S and I :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts