Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked some other gardening sites and think that now is the time to prune azaleas and rhododendrons. Does anyone do this? Mine are really more tall than round and I want to try and shape them up and get them fatter looking. Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.

SO and I hope to be planting some blueberries and cranberries tomorrow. I am happiest when I am wrist deep in dirt.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
One apartment we lived in had this massive bush that was all over grown and just hideous- and of course, it was right in front of the porch. Dh laughed at me because I went out with small pruners to trim back this mega bush (I think it was a rhodedendron or something). I lopped of a good 3-4 feet off the top (to make it even with the porch railing). DH told me I killed it because I cut it back so much. I cut it back about every couple months when it started getting stray branches and watered it with the rest of my plants. The next spring it was gorgeous- it bloomed and turned out being the best looking plant in the whole yard.

Laura

1 - 2 of 2 Posts