Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want to be down to one credit card balance and two student loans (one for each of us) by then.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I don't think it is too early at all. Always good to have a goal to work towards.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Guys. I planned thru the end of the year. Redid the year budget again last week. And now everything is breaking this week (DW is new,BBQ is new,RO tank today and the fridge is next) so slow down.lol So I just need to get to Dec. in one piece. YOU"D think me paying off the mortgage last month would cut some slack. But now taxes and H.ins. July and Aug.

Heres to paying off the CC next year though. Definately.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Oh, I am in! We plan on paying off the car with out tax returns. We hope to have money to repair lots of little stuff as well as the bathroom by the end of 2014. If we get that done somehow, we need to save up a down payment for a new house.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
wow,this is the only site where I feel disorganized and like a spendthrift.
Roughly though. 2014 will be paying off the heating/cooling system we will buy this fall,paying off more CC,beefing up the savings and small repairs around the house bit by bit.
BOTH kids will be gone
We have all old cats and will put parting fees in the budget for them
Want to start serious weight loss by joining a gym
Vehicles (def. van) will need replacing as it is rusting out from under us.

·
Registered
439 Posts
December 2014. I am not exact just yet but I will be out of debt and be starting my son's college fund because he will be leaving the following fall. I won't be able to pay for everything but I plan on helping with room and board as long as we can. I would also like to remodel my upstairs bathroom by then.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I needed to add in we will also be purchasing a new car towards the end of next year. We need to start putting money away so I can take whatever we save plus whatever we can get by selling my car towards something new and not have a car payment!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
We now have to fix the bathroom, tub split! New goals are, car paid off, tub and bathroom repairs on loan repaid, start making other house repairs for selling it soon!

Hopefully we will be in a new house by Dec 2014

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Boy will I still be paying debt next year. 2 credit cards and my car are on the list. I will know more in December what the debts actually are and the payoffs. I may just do the 2 credit cards.

Everything here keeps exploding , leaking, and just going kablooey. Messes the plan up!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I definitely want in on this. I won't be able to pay anything off by then, but I want to keep plugging away with extra on the mortgage and RV. I've been building our savings, because life keeps happening (like 3 dog surgeries=$2200 this month!) But by mid-2014 I want to be back to contributing to dd's college fund. So my goals will be: mortgage below $155k, rv loan below $34k, and college savings above $24k. Please send some healthy dog vibes my way, lol!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm in. My goal is to have the car paid off by September 2014 and my Home Equity Loan cut in 1/2 by December 2014.

Reactions: l8eebugg

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
We have loads of debt and unsure on the tax consequences for a 2nd mortgage settlement. We are only making minimum payments on everything, because that's life for now. But I do have some plans. We have 3 smaller cards and I hope to have them all paid by December 2014. One I will have to add more to the minimum, but it's a small amount. We'll keep plugging away at the rest.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Its sad because I have tried this for the last 2 years,to get debt free and haven't made it.However,I am intense this year!My son is my baby and he is going to Kindy next month so I can pick up work hours while he and his big sister are in school and not feel guilty leaving them with a sitter. I am ready to get this debt gone!My husband was laid off for awhile and we got credit card debt from that.I also have a credit card that I have been trying to pay off for about 4 years!So,here's my goal:Debt free and a PAID FOR trip to Disney by the end of 2014! :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
I am in on this. Definitely not too early!!

Goals
Pay off car
Get tyler a work vehicle (with cash)
have emergency fund in place
saving for a house.

1 - 20 of 546 Posts