Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are just crazy thoughts that i am not going to spend money on.

i am divorced 3 years now. I love my pencil post bed, but it's too big for one person and two cats. takes up too much space in the bedroom.

View attachment 16427

i have been longing for a full size bed.

anyone want to trade a queen size bed for a full size bed? just kidding.

i would like something like this: View attachment 16428

Reactions: Rebookie

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't think it is too crazy...if the bed is too big, it is just too big! Good luck finding a bed you like.

Reactions: ladykemma2

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
without spending money!

actually i am GRATEFUL to have this gift from God. it IS too big though.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Put an add to trade on Craigslist. Lots of people wish for a larger bed and would be happy to trade.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Those are both beautiful frames. I have a king-sized mattress, but no headboard. I just got tired of having one more thing to dust. :)

I have become accustomed to the king, and wouldn't want to trade down, but you are right about the space. This puppy takes up 70% of the room! But it is also where I hang out to read or play on the computer, so I just think of it as a really comfy area rug during the day. :)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put an add to trade on Craigslist. Lots of people wish for a larger bed and would be happy to trade.
that's a really good idea.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I got a bed frame like the second one on Craigslist for my spare bedroom. However, I would not want a used mattress....too many problems with bedbugs to take a chance!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i will wait for the bed to "appear" at the salvation army. i am very patient. then put this one in the spare bedroom or sell it.

i think god's cosmic joke would be to meet and marry the man of my dreams after i sell the queen size bed. (joke)

·
Registered
289 Posts
If the bed is making the room "feel" small, you could always chop those posts off and add some kind of finial on each corner? I've always found those kinds of beds to make a room feel smaller.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the bed is making the room "feel" small, you could always chop those posts off and add some kind of finial on each corner? I've always found those kinds of beds to make a room feel smaller.
the fit has passed (grin)

it still takes off too much floor space in the room. not about the posts.

i think this is just another post divorce psychological thang i'm going through. "hey, get rid of the BED!" grin.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update

god hears and answers prayers. And has a sense of humor.

there in the salvation army was THE bed. four poster, just like the one above, only full size. i rolled around on it for a bit and concluded:

drum-roll, please

full size is too small!

·
Registered
687 Posts
LOL your last post made me smile!!

Reactions: ladykemma2

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
maybe you can list it on craigslist or ebay. It's a beaut of a bed. I have a cherry bedroom set was my uncle's bedroom set it's beautiful but heavy as the dickens. I love it and still cherish it after having it for 27 yrs since my mom died.

·
Registered
480 Posts
so funny. glad you found out the full size was too small before getting rid of the queen!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I recently downsized to a pretty little daybed because I wanted to use my bedroom as a craft room/studio. In the summer when the kids are away at grandparents I plan to only air-condition the one room. The nice thing about being single is you can do anything you want, whether it sounds crazy or not! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts