Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 25 y/o healthy male. I do plan on living a long full life, but u never know what will happen! I love adventure sports and I can bear a good amount of risk in life. I have around 60k invested, 40k stocks/20k crypto.I don't have much to my name and don't plan on working my whole life to accumulate wealth!
So should I just keep investing in stcoks/crpto or should I further diversify and go for a Life Insurance policy as well?
Is Life Insurance even worth it?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think that if you have an acct with cash in it to cover your burial/credit card expenses/bills, you should be ok. If you have a family and think that they would need $ after you pass to pay bills/mortgage, then get a policy. My dad had cash with a note to use it for his passing. Mom had life insurance through her job and it covered her burial only- no extras. I only have a $10,000 policy through my job since I'm uninsurable due to my medical issues. My husband purchased a small policy and has a policy through his job.

A term life insurance policy is cheap and lasts a certain amount of time (10 year, 20 year) and after the term is up, you need to renew it and of course, the prices change. A whole life policy is way more expensive but has a cash value.

My husband's purchased policy and both of our kids have a whole life policy.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
If you are injured and disabled your money will run out very quickly. Consider Long Term Disability insurance.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
depends on your situation but cheaper to get insurance when young. We have life insurance because we have kids so don't think we will keep it after they are grown up but we are also making sure our other ducks are in order. house paid off etc. but our life insurance doesn't cost that much and also we don't expect $$$ on the funeral .govt gives a death expense that covers cremation..which is what most people do. plots are like $20k now here so no way. you can do a nice classy memorial service/tea for low cost cus we did that twice.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If marriage is in your future, get life insurance NOW. Term life. Also get long-term disability insurance NOW. Should you get a pre-existing condition, you may not be able to get it later. Life insurance isn't an investment. It's a protection. And premiums for your age are very low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts