Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is going to make some people say "EEEEWWWW"....I read today that Sheryl Crow is now promoting the idea of using only 1 square of toilet paper - she said that she is doing this herself and is trying to promote the idea to others during her eco-tour. My opinion is....I do not think that it is possible...I mean...I am all for trying to reduce the amount of toilet paper that is used by my family - I've had to get onto some of the kids for using "basketballs" to wipe their butts( sorry for...TMI)....but using only 1 square??? EEEWWWW...trying to promote that idea is like telling everyone that you have very poor hygeine habits...I would hate to be the one to stand next to Sheryl Crow...PEW!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just don't shake her hand if you ever meet her. lol

And yes, I agree that is completely absurd. I can think of many other ways to better the environment that don't comprimise the cleanliness of ones tush. ;)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Next it will be just use one side of the square, and save the other side for someone else. Yucko.( maybe her bum is smaller than ours?Even a baby bum would take a bigger sheet!)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can you spare a square?

Maybe she meant just one when you pee? I'd like to think so. However, having said that, I still don't think one is enough. :lame:

·
27,948 Posts
I used to work in a nursing home and one thing I will always, always remember was caring for a man who was a Holocaust survivor. He indeed only wanted to use one square... Made me count my blessings.

Not everyone has bidets...(thinking maybe she does)...Good idea to just try to use the least amount of tp to get the job done.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Alittle Extreme IMO and gross. Maybe she drip drys, but I know one square is not enough to dry my "goodie" off. Not even talking about taking a #2. Maybe she drip drys there too! Don't they have toliets that squirt water on you to clean you?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I used to work in a nursing home and one thing I will always, always remember was caring for a man who was a Holocaust survivor. He indeed only wanted to use one square...

Not everyone has bidets...(thinking maybe she does)...Good idea to just try to use the least amount of tp to get the job done.
Darlene , I am rolling!!!When I visited Italy with a friend, there was a bidet( Spelling?) in the bathroom. My friend was in there for the longest time, and when she came out she said," What a wonderful foot soaker they have in there." I said , "Girl, that's a urination station!!"Thanks for the chuckle!!!!!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Personally I like to use enough so that I don't "feel anything" coming through the paper. Yuck-o! :blech: Besides... why would she advocate that? Why not advocate recycling or cloth diapers or something? That seems like a silly thing to advocate. Should we all start picking our noses next to save on Kleenex?

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
There is no way 1 square is going to do it's job of wiping it up, lol I surely would not want to be near her or shake her hand, that's for sure. :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
HOW BIG are the squares on HER planet????

I seriously have to wonder what she is thinking? One square of tp is not enough to clean properly. Yes, urine is sterile (most of the time) but even it needs to be cleaned to avoid infection. Can you imagine trying to clean a baby bm with one square? There is no way it can clean an adult!!!

And... scarey thought.... is it one square TOTAL??? :yikes:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Why don't they just impliment the "three seashells" from Demolition Man?
:rollsmile

Or maybe do it like cloth diapers... just have a bunch of washcloth type things next to the toilet and a special hamper there too just for that purpose. If you just wet them a little everyone would be a lot cleaner. :)

...One square....pfft... that's nonsense.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
This thread is so funny :), I can't believe anyone would advocate only 1 square!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Or maybe do it like cloth diapers... just have a bunch of washcloth type things next to the toilet and a special hamper there too just for that purpose. If you just wet them a little everyone would be a lot cleaner. :)

That's what I do! :) I have a full basket of cloth wipes behind the toilet and a hanging "wet bag" (with a zipper) on our half wall in the bathroom. It's great! We rarely buy toilet paper (DH uses it for his #2s still) :)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I'm thinking that she had to be kidding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Crazy, crazy. That's taking all the recycle business just a bit too far.

I happen to be one of those who uses a ton of TP when I go. I can use up a roll in about two days or less

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Wow it takes me at least 3 squares to blow my nose sufficently let alone 'wipe' after piddling with one! Shes got talent if she can make it on just one. As others have said, one huge square? Or does she sit and drip dry first then use the one square?! :laugh: (psst...what if its that super thin 1/2 ply stuff - would she still use only one square?)

http://newsbusters.org/node/12226

Sorry I will not skimp on TP...we have it for a reason.

Why doesnt she suggest using day old newspapers like they did back in the older days instead?! OMG ew how is she going to survive on one square on her once a month?! Hahaha ok this is getting outta hand :lol:

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's disgusting. There are SO many other things you can save money/ the enviornment by doing WAY before you try something like this.
I also would never do the cloth diaper idea.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts