Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of our same ol meatloaf and was hoping you'd share some of your tried & true family favorite meatloaf recipes with me. Thanks a bunch. Oh, I know my family thanks you too. :wink:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i don't really have a recipe, but i have started using quick oats in the place of bread crumbs and it is really good. it gives it a nice texture.:D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
First let me say, in general, I can't stand meatloaf- until I tried this Emeril recipe, and it is to die for!!!! If you try it, let me know how you like it :D

2 tsp butter
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1 C finely chopped onion
1/2 C finely chopped bell pepper
1 T minced garlic
2 large eggs
1/2 C heavy cream
1/2-1 C bread crumbs (I use about 3/4 C)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground balck pepper
1 T Essence
1/2 lb chorico sausage (portuguese sausage, usually in with the keilbasa and smoked sausage section) casings removed and chopped into 1/2 pieces
1 C bottled chili sauce

1. Combine everything but the sausage and chili sauce in a large bowl.

2. Take 1/2 the meat mixture and shape into a 9X4 inch loaf in a greased baking dish.

3. Layer the sausage ontop of the loaf. Mold remaining meat over the sausage to cover the sausage completely. Pour the chili sauce on top.

4.Bake at 350 for an hour and a half. Tranfer onto a platter and let sit for about 15 mins before cutting.

5. Serve with mashed potatos and gravy made from pan juices.

Laura

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help!
Laura, your recipe was too late for dinner last night But I'll givve it a go next time.BAM!:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't really have a recipe,but I use mild salsa intead of catsup or tomato sauce. It seems to give it just the right seasoning. I use oats or breadcrumbs in mine.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts