Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just getting around to starting to decorate our home (we got married and bought it in December). I am doing my kitchen in a gardening theme (fruits, vegetables, flowers, etc.). I was thinking I would do some artwork with cool or old seed packets... frame them, make a collage, or something.
So does anyone have any cool, interesting, rare, old, etc seed packets laying around? Or even just regular ones, as I can't really justify going out and buying seeds I don't need just to get the packets... even though we have a garden...

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I don't have any old ones, but you might be able to find images on the web that you can print off and use.

Seeds will be going on clearance soon, keep an eye out, they will be down to 10 or 15 cents by the end of the month. I notice Aldi marked theirs down 2 weeks go.

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good idea CH. The web would probably be your best bet. I am sure you would able to find old style images. :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
If you're interested in foreign language seed packets, I might be able to help you out on that one. But you'd have to be really patient because they don't sell seeds on my island and I don't know when I'll be buying them next - probably not til September!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Dollar stores often have 5-10/$1. seed packets. Not old but cheap. Sorry I can't help but my seed packets are on pens and popsicle sticks marking rows.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're interested in foreign language seed packets, I might be able to help you out on that one. But you'd have to be really patient because they don't sell seeds on my island and I don't know when I'll be buying them next - probably not til September!
Foreign language packets would be cool, I hadn't thought of that! Keep me in mind. :)

Thanks, everyone else, for the suggestions... I'll check online and at the dollar store next time I'm in town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts