Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are my favorite food but they cost so much. I know i could make them for so much cheaper if i just had a recipe.

Does anyone have one?

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
Well..... here is the ingredient list from the box: INGREDIENTS:
Seasoned chicken wings (chicken wing sections, water, rice flour, modified food starch [corn and potato], wheat flour, salt, isolated soy protein, sodium phosphate, cornstarch, carrageenan), buffalo sauce (vinegar, aged cayenne peppers, water, salt, natural flavor, modified cornstarch, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, xanthan gum, guar gum, caramel color, oleoresin of paprika [color], garlic), partially hydrogenated soybean oil.

So what I would do is first section out the wings. Make a mixture of 1/4 c flour, 1/4 c rice flour, and 1/4 c cornstarch. Roll the wings in this to coat them. Let them sit for half an hour to "set" the flour coating. Meanwhile mix together 1/4 c hot sauce, 1/4 c melted butter or margarine, 1 T corn starch, and a teaspoon of salt.

Deep fry the wings in oil for 10-15 minutes at 375F until they are a rich brown color. Remove to paper towels for a minute or so, then toss in a large bowl with the hot sauce mixture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts