Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang! I wasn't sure where to put this post, so since I didn't actually have a recipe yet I put it here :)

What I am wondering, is what kinds of filling would you all think would go good inside the egg white part *besides* the regular yolk/mayo mixture? :)

Something at least a lot lower in fat and cholesterol, and perhaps even a filling that would sneak in some veggies?

I'm not sure if there is even anything besides the yolk and mayo that would taste good with the egg white part...

So that's why I need your creative ideas :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
You could did it still with mayo. I had to buy the new one by Helmanns for my dh when we went low fat, it is called Just 2 and is not bad. It happened to be about the only thing I liked that I had to buy low fat for him, and I am a BIG mayo fan!! :D

It only has 2 grams of fat per 1 tablespoon. Then just add some diced celery, onions, green pepper whatever you like and I always add some mustard to mine to give it a little kick.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hummus? Or another bean spread - can be flavored many different ways.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Get some fat free cream cheese and season it, add some parsley for color, tumeric for color and add finely diced veggies.... Cream together and fill eggs......

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
How about chopped black olives, with some fat free mayo mixed in? Or even tuna salad!

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
This is not what your looking for but I add some finely diced bacon & chees with mine...then season with a dash season salt, garlic,& onion....now everyone requests I make deviled eggs.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
oops. I also was going to add....how about with some salsa...green onions, olives.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love all these idea's ladies!!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts