Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

It is a glorious 22 degrees today. DH went to the home opener of arena football with some buddies. DD and I are going to a Anime convention (WAhoo). Not really into anime but DD is so I am along for the ride. After that I am taking dads computer to my tech guy to see if he can do something with it. Then it will be crafting and doing nothing but watching TV the rest of the day.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is 40 degrees here in Texas...too cold for my blood

I haven't done much so far and should get moving. Going to head to church this am, have lunch at home, crochet and work on the budget this afternoon. I have really blown the budget this weekend :yikes: So I need to do some repair work. Then after baby wakes up from his nap, we will head out of the new house to do a small amount of work and let dd ride her horse. Tonight dinner at home and rest.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I'm being lazy again :) I've folded a couple loads of laundry and emptied the dishwasher and that's about all I plan to do. I'll be on the 'puter off and on, watch tv, read and clip my coupons.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Tons going on here today. I have started the Spring Cleaning.
Already today I have:
~Taken all the dogs to the groomers and picked them back up.
~Unloaded the dishwasher.
~Swept and mopped the kitchen/dining room.
~Moved all the furniture, except the armiore, from the living room and vacuumed. Put all furniture back.
~Dusted everything in the living room. Baseboards, pictures, shelves, TV, ect.
~Decluttered the living room.
~Washed one load of laundry.
~Cleaned boys bathroom.
Still need to:
~Clean up the rec. room. Move furniture, vacuum, dust everything, put furniture back.
~Dust bedrooms.
~Vacuum bedrooms.
~Have the boys clean their rooms.
~Pay bills.
~Shower.
~Start dinner, clean up.
~Hopefully relax and read my new camp cooking cookbook.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
So far today I have:
Showered and washed my hair
Fed the dogs
Cleaned the kitchen
Took out the trash

I still need to:
Go furniture shopping with Mom
Read for school
Fold a load of laundry
Make the bed

And later on...read for fun!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Its a chilly 50 here this morning so no garden walk today.:winter:

So far today I've:
Made the Bed
Folded a load of landry
Walked the dog
Fed the fur bags (2 dogs 3 cats)
Filled and ran the dishwasher
Emtpied out deep freezer into other freezers and coolers
for defrost
Typied DH by-laws for new group

Still to do:
Wipe down and clean deep freezer
Inventory items from deep freezer
Plan weeks menu to use up some of the older items:chef:
Pay 2 bills
Make dinner and sort magazine pile

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Sunday's chores....I had planned to start my day at 6am when bf left for work but decided to go back to bed instead. Afteral its Sunday - a day to relax right? :wink:

So far I've had breakfast and done dishes. Im washing a load of towels/bed linens and clothes are next so they can hang dry in time for work tomorrow *crosses fingers*. Just a light pick up/tidying I guess. Sister's coming over for lunch later with paw and I so that will be a nice visit to catch up plus she needs to pack up some of her stuff here still at home for when she moves in a few months. I guess I'll help her and um 'tag' what Id like to 'inherit' :wink: :wink:

Other then that, a lazy evening of tv time/computer time and then bed early.

·
8,714 Posts
~You're inspiring me, Lisa! That's an impressive list. So far today I've had breakfast, mixed up some 2% milk, hung up my new wall clock and 'supervised' DH's work. So far he's let me sleep in, made my coffee, finished rewiring a light switch(thanks to the parts I picked up yesterday), taken the sheets off the bed and put them in the wash, got breakfast for the kids and mixed up some juice. I really, REALLY should unpile my table today. I can't remember the last time we had dinner at the table. :ack: I'm decluttering other rooms and the things I want to keep end up at the table, along with everything else I don't want my kids to get to. I'd better do it 15 minutes at a time because it's scaring me. :nerv2:~

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Not much on my agenda today... Although I have to stop at my mom's house and give her the birthday present we got for her then come home, do some straightening up and relax, not feeling in the mood to do much today but my house is pretty much as neat/clean as it can get so that's a plus.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I took the dog to a state park and let him run and run. I ran a little myself. I love to go there because I take him off the leash and he runs up and down hills and I try to keep up with hm and so it is good exercise for me too. It was a bit windy but the sun was great. He is now sound a sleep. I have also been on a cleaning spree so I think I will continue with that while I am still in the mood! it doesn't always last so I have to take advantage. Have a good day everyone.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I did most of my cleaning yesterday, so today is for relaxing. Todays plans are:

~Go to bank to make deposits
~GO to pharmacy to change prescriptions to a new pharmacy
~Give dog a bath
~Vaccum
~Help BF finish the fence on the garden, and plant a few more seeds.
~Transplant veggies into bigger containers until they can go into the garden
~Read my book

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
You guys will think I'm strange, but I'd love if what I had to do today is clean, clean, clean! I don't mind scrubbing down my house and organizing. I really don't like the constant burden of reading, research, and writing deadlines.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, today I am breathing a big, heavy sigh of relief. lol. My DD (16) was our town's royalty pageant for our town festival, and last night was the coronation. There were six girls, all juniors in HS, and they picked a queen and two princesses. My DD is a princess!! :queen2: :cheer4:

I am soooooooo glad it's over, as it has been three months of meetings, speaking engagements, dress shopping, talent rehearsals, and STRESS! I guess now the fun begins with all the parades & travel, so today I will just enjoy being lazy!

·
Registered
772 Posts
It is only 30 degrees here today and REALLY snowing. Not much seems to be staying on the ground, but the wind is blowing like crazy.
It feels like a lazy day. I wish the sun would come out.

So far I have:
~gotten everyone up,dressed, breakfast, out the door for church
~ grocery shopping for the week
~made lunch
~ 1 load of laundry

I think I'll go downtown and check out the flower show. Maybe that will be a little bit of sunshine for this gloomy snowy weather.

Have a great day all!! :)

G

·
After the big outing to church this morning (and I mean big - they've been around for 6 months now so they decided to throw a birthday party - free breakfast (omlets cooked to order!), balloons, cake, etc.) I'm just trying to relax.

So far:
*Carried up more groceries from my car trunk
*Posted on Freecycle - more things to get rid of and my first ever "wanted" post

Left on the list:
*One load of laundry - I spilled something on a new, ivory colored sweater that I need to wash, otherwise I wouldn't be doing any!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I haven't done much yet today, except make the bed and feed the cats. My fiance put away the clean dishes and loaded up the dishwasher with the dirty ones from the sink. I still need to ( I might carry this list through the week.)
Clean the kitchen counters, wipe down the fridge and sweep & mop the floors
Clean the bathroom sweep & mop the floor in there
Clean the kitty litter
Dust the bedroom and livingroom furniture
Vacuum all the floors
Organize dirty laundry to wash tomorrow
Make dinner
Then I'll sort more paperwork tonight and read

1 - 20 of 29 Posts