Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a thrift store that is about a half hour from me. They have recently moved stores and I noticed as I was browsing that some of the prices were significantly higher! I spied a pair of shoes, my size, really nice shape and looked at the price - $20.00. I talked to the salesperson and they said well they are Bjorn so that is why they are so expensive. I said (very nicely) yes, but they are still USED shoes. He made me a deal of $10 - I said how about $8, so I got my well fitting brown leather clogs for $7.99. Still very pricey but because they were so comfortable I felt like I deserved them.

·
19,119 Posts
I think that it really helped your cause that you were respectful in the way you made your request. Congrats and enjoy them!!

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Lucky you! They have a strict 'price as marked' policy in the stores here. And if there's no tag on it, they won't sell it. You have to come back days later after the manager has looked at it and re-priced it.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
No bargaining here either, and prices are high. I found silk yardage cheaper than a used silk shirt. As I'm using the silk fabric in my rug hooking, I'll buy the yardage and dye it with my wools.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
:tay: Way to go............gotta love a bargain. Never hurts to ask.

Though here.............unless you point out some 'flaw'.........the price won't be reduced!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was really surprised he reduced it for me. So very happy, just waiting for cool weather now so I can wear them! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts