Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nurse that I work with has been on the Atkins diet and was doing so great, the pounds were just falling off and he did even seem to be putting a lot of effort into it. He started feeling bad and thought it might be the flu but it got worse so he went to our employee wellness center, which is staffed by nurse practitioners and they first told him that he was a hypochondriac and then when he went back because he felt even worse they then told him that he was just depressed and to increase his antidepressant but they did finally draw some lab work. They called him the next day and told him that they needed to redraw his labs because they must have been wrong, well to make a long story short...He was feeling bad and losing weight because he had ALL leukemia. He is now in reverse isolation and will be starting his chemo today. He is going to have to be in the hospital for at least 2 months. I am so heartbroken for him and his wife. He is such a wonderful nurse and a genuinely nice guy. He could sure use any prayers or good thoughts that he can get.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
How awful. Prayers being sent for him and his family.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
:hugz: How sad for him & his family. I will keep them in my thoughts & prayer.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
That is sad, I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That's awful. He and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
that really stinks, but it a good thing he kept going back and they finally drew some blood. rpayers for him and his family.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I will be praying for him and his family.
I know first hand how bad lukemia is. My nephew had it..

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wishing him well and sending prayers to him and his family.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Prayers being said for your friend and his family. This has to be a terrible shock for them.

Dixie Jean

·
Registered
820 Posts
Prayers for him and his family.

The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by him; and the Lord shall cover himall the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders.

Deuteronomy 33:12

·
Registered
419 Posts
prayers to him and his family.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
WOW thats very sad to hear. I hope hes a very strong person and will get through this. Best wishes and plenty of support to him and his family.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Prayers for your friend and his family.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts