Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So are we all going to start singing "it's a heat wave"
Did we ever have a spring....I remember some wet months but a spring....nope

·
Registered
104 Posts
No spring here. We went from 40 degree weather, to flooding, back to 50 degree weather, now it is pushing 100 with super humidity. YUCK!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I understand. I live in Texas. Bleck. I can say that because I was born here, but I LOATHE the heat. Some people move here for the warm weather, but I spend the entire summer whining about it, can't begin to understand why anyone would "love" the summers here. We had a VERY brief spring, but, really, there are just two seasons here: Short Respite from Unbearable Heat and BLAZING-HOT Summer (Pre-Summer/Mid-Summer/Post-Summer). My sympathies are with you during your heatwave.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I'm in Houston Texas! We are in a drought and have been setting/breaking temp. records for about a month now. It was 105 yesterday. It has only been 105 about 15 times in all the time they have been keeping track of the temperature. AND it was the earliest date that it has gotten up to 105 ever. Today only supposed to 102!

·
Registered
414 Posts
It is a scorcher here today again. We have been having temps at or near 100 degrees for the past two weeks and haven't seen a drop of rain either. Too hot to be outside doing anything.
Maybe it'll cool down a degree or two soon!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am in Alabama too and DANG it is really hot!! lol!! Its awful!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
We've been having record-breaking heat and I miss winter so badly! The heat bothers me so much more than it used to.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
It's even hot here today. I hate hot weather!! That's why I live in Minnesota! :thud:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I love the warm weather. I sat outside in the shade today and pitted cherries. There was a breeze, even though the temps were mid 90's and humid. I had a little tub of cold water that I soaked my feet in while I worked.I remember Grandma out under the shade trees snapping beans in the summer.And now I have become Grandma.To everything, there is a season..............

Reactions: max915

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Congrats on grandbaby!! That's a great way to start a summer!

Let's see we had late snows, then beautiful spring weather for a week, then POURING RAIN for about 3 days, off & on rain for 2 days after that, (I was going to build an ark, I'm not used to that much rain in a row) now its HOT 90's very dry though. Probably doesn't feel as bad as what the rest of you are going through.

I'm watering my garden tonight. Basically this weather has frozen, flooded, and now is baking my garden. If I get any food out of it whatsoever it'll be a miracle I think. :bfly:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
All these 90 something days have put me in a great mood! I'm out and about playing a lot. :) Sure beats all those dang tornadoes.

(until I get the first high electric bill. :whistle:)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I am in Alabama too and DANG it is really hot!! lol!! Its awful!!
Yep, Alabama here too...The heat and the humidity have been unseasonably high for this early. :yucky:
:hot:
Sheesh, we went from winter directly to summer with no stopping in between...

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
We've been having record-breaking heat and I miss winter so badly! The heat bothers me so much more than it used to.
:laugh: Maybe we should swap homes for a few months.........

WE are going to be breaking YET ANOTHER record.............for LOW TEMPERATURES!!!

We already broke the record for the latest date to ever reach 70............now we are headed to break the record for the latest date to reach 80................

WE HAVEN'T EVEN HIT 80 YET!!!!! :thud:

(my tomatoes are crying-----"send me some heat"!!!)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
(my tomatoes are crying-----"send me some heat"!!!)
You can definitely have some of ours!! Would love to give away some of this heat and humidity!!!
Today's humidity was around 95%...temps were above 95...makes the heat index terrible....hair styles also. :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts