Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That means it is time for corned beef and cabbage. :yucky: Am I the only person that hates this meal?

I am looking for some St. Patricks traditions to start with my family.

What are your St. Pattys traditions?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, if you don't like corned beef and cabbage, make something you do like! No sense in holding to a tradition you hate (unless maybe it's important to someone else in the house). Maybe you could prepare a second main dish for you if htat's the case?

I don't like a dish of just cabbage...but I like it in other things. Corned beef is just too salty...only good in teeny tiny doses....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to clarify. I don't make corned beef and cabbage. I had it once as a child and never again. I am looking for a different St. Patty's tradition to start for my family

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Pizza! Oops sorry that's my house. *LMAO*
I think a good hearty stew would be a nice tradition.

Sara

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
This year I am going to *try* to make some Irish scones with ds - although we will most likely make them the Friday before St. Patrick's Day as part of his homeschool lesson for that day.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I think making scones is a great idea. I've never made them before, but I used to have one every now and then at work with tea.

I make St. Patrick's Day themed cookies with my girls. They love to decorate with green sprinkles and frosting.

I just found out yesterday that my dd is having a little party at her preschool, and the kids are supposed to wear as much green as possible. It's kind of funny because, other than the lime green summer clothes she has, she doesn't own anything in green :laugh:

Other than that, we don't really celebrate it.

~Chelle~ :patty:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts