Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the age of 23, my sister ended her life in the wee hours of the morning. It was 3 days before my birthday and I was on vacation. She was batting with major depression and schizophrenia for 1 1/2 yrs. I remember listening to Kenny Chesney "Who Would You Be Today" a few days after her death I bursted in tears when I first heard that song. i really haven't talked to anyone IRL about it. She was the 3rd of 4 siblings in my family. The worst part is that my parents, me and other 2 siblings were always to available to her if she wanted to talk but she never would. She cried VERY little in the 1 /2yr. of her illness and showed very little emotion. She also was very reserved, had little motivation to anything and didn't care for her personal hygiene. She was in and out of mental instiutions 4 times and appempted suicide twice before she succeded the 3rd time.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm so sorry Jill, I know the feeling of helplessness and loss you feel. I've lost both my Mom and youngest sis to suicide. Big big hugs to you. :hug2: Feel free to pm if you want to talk.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Jill
I'm so sorry! Mental illness takes a terrible toll! Please don't blame yourself.

Sending up prayer and comforting thoughts for you!

Graci

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Jill,

So sorry to hear this. I agree mental illness is very hard to understand.

We had a son-in-law who committed suicide 8-9 years ago. Very difficult to understand. He was around 42 yr. old. Doesn't make sense to the ones left behind.

Sorry for your loss. :angel:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm so sorry Jill. :(

I've been through 4 suicides in the past 10 yrs, so I know what that pain feels like. :hugz:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:hugz:

G

·
Jill, I am really sorry to hear that you've lost your sister. It's only been 3 short months. I hope you can find someone talk to IRL. I'm sure your family wants to talk and cry about it.
Losing someone you love is so hard. But know that you've got all of us- sending you thoughts and prayers.
Please keep us up to date on how you're doing. We care about all our members.
I can't stop crying for you! I need to take a break. My heart aches.
BRB.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I am so sorry. :hugz:
My dh's nephew took his life 10 years ago and his mom found comfort in a suicide survivor's group. I know your emotions are probably still pretty raw and when you feel up to it, I hope you can find someone to talk to. More hugs.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Words can not express the sympathy I feel for you. I can not imagine what you are feeling. A sisters bond is a very special one and I am sure you are missing her daily. Know that you are in my prayers. Hugs to you!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your sister... I can't start to even pretend I know what you and your family are going through... I agree with the other members who have said getting some kind of help in real life is a great idea... Hugs to you and your family...

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
:hugz:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. There is a lady in my quilt guild whose son committed suicide last year. It was and still is very painful for her.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts