Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not at all, but my mother sure is. Today will be a horrible day for her all day, because she will be thinking something is going to happen.

How about you?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I do try NOT to be. It's stupid to be superstitious but I remember my nan really was!!

To be honest I would rather it WASN'T friday 13th or I saw 1 magpie etc. And I try not to walk under ladders and all the other things. I don't like to tempt fate! So I surpose I must be a bit but it won't ruin my day and I'm not petrified and I'd rather it didn't cross my mind AT ALL.

Anyway today is D/Nephews 18th Birthday :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
No....... I see the common sense in some superstitions, I don't walk under ladders cuz I might knock someone off, or it may fall on me..... But I'm not superstitious.....

I also say "Bless you" when someone sneezes..... That is just a courtesy I grew up saying.....

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Nope! MY God is in control and is bigger than any superstition out there!:angel:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Not really, but i don't try to push my "luck" either, LOL. :toothy:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I guess that would explain my day then. I went to Home Depot to buy some shutters for the house. I measured the windows before I left and I thought I measured 62". I get to HD and saw they had 52" and 60". So I got the 52" ones thinking that I was losing my mind. I then proceeded to the paint dept to have them mix some paint for my doors and trim to match the shutters.

I leave HD and go over to Wendy's for a quick bite to eat. As I left the drive through, I notice the thermostat to the car was approaching the red line, then it hit the red line. So I park the car and shut it off to let it cool off before I headed home. So ds and I are in the car eating. I happened to look in the empty spot next to me and saw a trail of antifreeze running down the parking lot from my car. Trying not to panic, I head over to the garage my dad works at that's just a couple miles from where I was. I made it there, and of course, they had a couple guys out and a garage full of cars. My dad popped the hood and figured it's gotta be the water pump, but not sure if he can get one since it's a 1980 Mercedes. So he gives me the keys to his car so I can bring the kiddos home while he sees what he can do.

So I get home and sure enough, my windows are 62 inches, not 52- but of course I can't bring them back because they won't fit in my Dodge Stratus, which is why I took the wagon to begin with anyways.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
No, not really except I am trying to locate my mom and can't. She went out of town and I can't reach her and her uncle passes away. The thing is, I can't reach anyone in the family to tell them. UGH!!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I have to admit that I am superstitious to a point. I don't walk under ladders and if I see a black cat cross in front of me I do think about it.....but I learned years ago not to fret over Friday the 13th. Infact, I make it a point to be upbeat and have plenty of positive thoughts on this day so it usually turns out to be a lucky day for me......:D

I also agree, God is in my life and he helps me each day but I still make it a point to be positive on Friday 13th.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My ds is 7 today so it doesn't bother me. I love Fridays. Hooray! I think it's the full moon that's making today so crazy. LOL.

Keilley

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I must have been too busy, to notice it was friday the 13...but then again, I am not superstitious.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts