Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to the Dr. last Wed. I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I'm due Jan 11th and this is our first. I wonder when he'll come?! I'm getting nervous! :loop:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
How long does it take to dilate? I am 10 weeks pregnant with our first baby and a friend of mine just had a baby a week later than her estimated due date. It makes me nervous! I work full time, and I am just wondering if you could be dilating for days while at work until you go into labor? Does it hurt to dilate?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was dilated .5 cm for over 2 weeks before and after my due date. I finally went to 1 cm 1 day before they induced me more than 2 weeks after me due date.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long does it take to dilate? I am 10 weeks pregnant with our first baby and a friend of mine just had a baby a week later than her estimated due date. It makes me nervous! I work full time, and I am just wondering if you could be dilating for days while at work until you go into labor? Does it hurt to dilate?
I could walk around a few cm dilated for weeks from what I understand. It doesn't hurt at all. I have my next appt. Tuesday, so I'll let you know if I've progressed at all. I work full time too, I just hope my water doesn't break at work. I don't think there will be any mistaking labor though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts