Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I have a Mrs. Tea. I love it, it makes nice strong tea that I can water down a bit and make a bigger pitcher.

I also like to make sun tea. It is nice to have when camping or picnicing, but if I am in a pinch, I boil a few tea bags and then add ice water for a refresher.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Depends on if people called or not before they come over. LOL! If I have the time, a big jar gets put on the back deck for the afternoon. If not, I just boil tea bags and add cold water and ice.

·
27,948 Posts
I put 9 tea bags in a gallon container and set it in the sun most of the day.Remove tea bags ;) then add 8 packets of Equal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For a quick iced tea, I nuke a glass of water, drop a tea bag in for a few minutes, then pour over ice.
When I have a few hours, I'll drop the bags in a pitcher of water and place it on our patio. I like my tea without any sugar or sweetner, just a squeeze of lemon.:pepsi:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
It depends on my mood. If i don't feel like waiting I brew it in the coffee maker and pour it over a pitcher full of ice, sugar to taste. If i am going out and think i might want some when i come home, I put tea bags and water in a sun tea pitcher and put it outback on the back steps to steep while I am gone. I hate instant iced tea mix, dunno why, but i can't stand the instant iced teas. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I love ice tea. I like to make sun tea. I now buy the ice tea bags where you don't have to boil them in water. Just add cold water to them.

I used to have a Tea Maker, but mine wore out!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I use a tea maker.
I put in 1 tea bag (family size) add water In another pitcher I put a teaspoon or 2 of vanilla, 1 cup sugar and creamer. Then I add the hot tea.
I make it this way about once per week, other wise its tea water and 1/2 cup sugar

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I make it on the stove by boiling H2O. But 1 thing I do differently is I get a few fresh mint sprigs from out back and put it in the the pot to seep a bit. It gives it just a hint of mint and the some Equal or not depending on my mood.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I brew mine thru the coffee nachins, I put a couple spoonfuls of sugar in a glass measuing cup, cover with water and nuke till melted..... add to tea and stir, add water to make a gallon and chill......

·
27,948 Posts
Off to make some sun tea now. I've also been adding a sprig of Lemon Verbena (an herb) to my glass of tea. Really adds a nice lemon flavor. I'm so glad I discovered this herb.:)

Btw~ I read somewhere that June is National Ice Tea Month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts