Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for those who know about my intellectually handicapped aunt, I got a phone call this morning.

Her placement in a foster home has been accepted and she will be moving in the week of july 7th. Next week, I will visit the home, then she and I will visit togther. I will have a little more paper work to fill in also.

I just can't believe she will be moving...I know it will much better for us, mostly Daniel and the little one...

She will still be coming for visits regularly and I will still see that she is always happy and well cared for.

ooof! It's a big change for me. I'm relieved she is moving but sad too...I guess we will all need adjusting to these changes, which will be for the best.

Thanks for listening.:heartsm:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Awe Lucie, I know how difficult this is for you, but it will work out for everyone concerned. Sending lots of :hugz: your way through a very difficult and emotional time.

Please keep us posted as to how the move goes. I'll be praying the transition for your aunt will go well and without any hitches.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank-you Dixie and CJ.:heartsm: I will keep you updated for sure... :)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Oh Lucie,
I wish I could be there to help somehow. I really will be thinking of you and hoping this turns out the best for you and your family and for your aunt.

pat

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Lucie~Hugs to you! I hope that the move goes smoothly and that your aunt loves the new home.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Pat and Michelle.:heartsm: Thant's so nice of you...

I was just in her room, now, packing her clothes for the week(she's spending the week at my parents) and I was thinking and worried...will she be well? Will they sneakily try to steal her video cassettes or say her sound system is broken...etc...All her life she was in a foster home, until 4 years ago...and anything we gave her disapeared....:mad: Let me tell you, that I will checking them very closely...I just hope they are kind and respectful and care for her well...

mmm...I'll try to show you a pic of my aunt...I'll ask Pierre to scan me a picture. She's a special person. She may be handicapped and have her bad moods, but she is such an angel :angel:

·
27,948 Posts
I am so glad you have found her a new home Lucie. You have done everything and more and helped her in everyway.
It's time for you to think of yourself and your family. Glad she will still be able to come and visit & I hope she likes her new home. Big hug my friend.:hugz:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I wish her and you all an easy transition. And I think it is gonna work out for the best, for everyone.

simplemom said:
I was thinking and worried...will she be well? Will they sneakily try to steal her video cassettes or say her sound system is broken...etc...All her life she was in a foster home, until 4 years ago...and anything we gave her disapeared....:mad: Let me tell you, that I will checking them very closely...I just hope they are kind and respectful and care for her well...

[/B]
An Idea... if it is something that is allowed is it possible for you to video tape her new room as a visual inventory of her items? That way if again things come up missing or such, you have some sort of inventory to use?? Maybe you can borrow a video camera if you don't have one?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That could be an idea, Melissa. Thanks!:) I will be noting down all her possessions and making he new care givers sign that they know what she owns.

Thanks Darlene.:hugz: That means alot to me.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Lucie, I am so happy for you and your aunt and family. I know this is such an emotional time for you but know that it is for the best and that you are an amazing woman in all that you do. Your patience and understanding in your aunts situation has been very admirable. I will be thinking of you in this transition period.....sending you hugs.......:angel:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Lucie, I know that this is an emotional time for you and your family. I am sending big hugs and prayers for you and your family. I am here if you need to talk or a shoulder to lean on. Please pm me if there is anything I can do.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Lucie...It sounds as if you have given your Aunt much Love & help. I had my MIL after she had a bad stroke, off & on for about 2-3 years. That's when all but one child was still home, but also had my Grandson, who was a baby then. We do what we can & hope for the best. You did GOOD Girl! :D Enjoy your Family.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Lucie, I know how hard all of this has been on you, I just hope that things calm down soon, be kind to yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Lucie, best wishes with all of your changes. I managed a group home for the handicapped for many years, so I can offer a few suggestions: we did inventory annually with the families-all parties signing off on it, and anytime anything worth over $25 broke, we had a sign off to justify the loss. Consider bringing that up. Make sure that the staff are aware that you will remain very involved and are there also to support them should things become challenging, if they see that the family is involved and cooperative they will be more likely to show respect. When you visit, bring a little something for the house, flowers from your garden, cookies from your kitchen, those chocolates we all get at 85% off after a holiday. Make a connection with them. Take care---Kellie

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Lucie, I'm so happy you were able to find your Aunt a new home. I'm sure with your continued care she will do well. Take care and enjoy easing into your new life. Just enjoy it, you did so much for her and now it is your turn.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Lucie,

You are one special lady and I'm sure your Aunt knows this too. I know you will still be there for her, but now it is time for your family. :hugz: my friend.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts