Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this thread started, and I can't think of any really clever titles...

Today I got a lot of cleaning done (vacuuming, took out the trash, took out the recycling, etc.) I also did my first load of laundry with the new machines they put in our apartment building (smaller washers and a new and improved price! grr). I dug my car out from where it was snowed in.

We should be leaving in a few minutes to have dinner with some friends.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Got up and cleaned up my bedroom, organized my schoolwork, cleaned the kitchen a bit. Got some articles for class. Made bread dough which is currently rising; am about to take care of it. Probably will do some laundry. Definitely have to put together my presentation for my conference, and do more reading for class. Also have to finish an essay that I stopped writing when the snow day canceled my class. I have to lower the hem in my black pants and fix the hem on one of my tops. One that's done I really need to vacuum!

That's all.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Today I cleaned up the kitchen.
Washed a load of dishes in the dishwasher.
Made the bed and put away some clothes that were hanging to dry.
My fiance cleaned the cat litter box and vacuumed the floors.
I still have to: clean the bathroom (especially the bathtub), organize laundry for washing tomorrow, and make a small weekly shopping list.
Make dinner and then go grocery shopping this evening.
The rest of the day I want to read and relax with a nice hot cup of tea.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Got up and headed for the dollar store this morning, needed a few more containers for the pantry..found about 4 and a cookie jar one (needed one of those). Came home and worked on the pantry a little. Washed 2 loads of laundry and hung one so far. Found a large bag of Masa instant flour in the pantry and decided to try and make a few tortias (kind of a pain, but they came out pretty well). I am going to go make a meatloaf to throw in the freezer in a little bit...shhhh don't tell hubby :shhh: I'm going to make it 1/2 turkey burger and 1/2 veggie protein. Will probably start up a pot of beans in crock pot also....not sure, starting to burn out a little. The sun is shining outside and I may go sit and read my Tightwad Gazette.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
We are moving to our new house next weekend, so today I'm packing. Tonight will be spent reading and watching TV.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hi all....
Today is a cookie day. I am working on a flyer for St. Pat's day and for Easter so I am trying out some newer designs.
Did some laundry and a general cleaning.
Trying to talk DH into going out for supper-we have a nice array of gift certificated to use and I don't feel like cooking.
Have a great rest of the day all!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Couldnt get on the site for awhile. Anyway, besides the usual cleaning, laundry etc, dh and I are going out to supper for our anniversary. Chinese food. thats about it

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Happy Anniversary Jamie 79!
Today was a lazy relaxing day. Hubby had some work to do at the Lodge(He is a Freemason)so I just puttered around. Did a quick house pickup, attended to the pets, made some whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. Will fix supper and cleanup, then just relax and visit with DH.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I vacuumed, cleaned out ashes out of the fireplace, sewed on my Dear Jane quilt, and right now on letting my whole wheat bread do the first rising.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
So far today, my guy & I have:

- Slept in (waaay in) :inn:
- Picked up the bedroom
- Ate lunch
- Cleaned the bunny's cage & packed up all of his stuff b/c a co-worker came to pick him up & take him to his new home (I am allergic)
- My guy listed an old cell phone of his on craigslist, so he had to go meet someone who wanted to buy it ($75 yay)
- Picked up the kitchen

Left to do:
- Dishes
- Make spaghetti for supper
- Take a bath & read
- Maybe watch some TV or play on the computer

Have a great evening everyone.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Oh my, I have been in some major pain today with my teeth. I got the doc to change the antibiotic so am hoping it won't hurt so badly. I can't get into the new dentist until the 28th...I am on pain killers and then some...:-(

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ugh Kathy....definitely not a fun way to spend a Saturday. I hope you feel better soon. And a Happy Anniversary to Jamie79!!

My cats woke me up at 6am fighting under my bed...so much for sleeping in. :morning: I spent most of the day procrastinating instead of working on my thesis seminar presentation...you know, baking cookies, posting on Frugal Village, entering sweepstakes online, reading, etc. Tonight I'm going to exercise and hopefully get some work done.

·
Registered
626 Posts
got a few chores done today:

made bed
cleaned cat box, guinea pig & hamster cages
took out trash
dishes
vacuumed downstairs
sandwiches for lunch/raman noodles for the boys for dinner
washed 3 loads of laundry (folded, but still need to be put up)
fixed some chicken in the crockpot
cleaned my back patio (threw out dead plants, swept, pulled weeds)
researched some housed to look at online
pretended to work on my essay that's due thursday (can't focus on it)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Took our DS to baseball practice, picked up tile from Lowes to start redoing floors, went by the library and then went to the rodeo. Whew! I think I need a rest from the weekend! ;)

--Michelle

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
It was a nice day of not doing much. Played some games with my kids. Read, scrapbooked some, and now just sitting here wasting time till I get up to go to bed! :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yesterday (Saturday) cheer practice, indoor soccer anda movie with oldest DD, help younger ones finish cub scout derby cars........ plus all the regular stuff cook meals, clean, laundry....
today cheer competition for oldest DD, then bowling with husband, boys have a cub scout things where they get their badges they earned.plus regular stuff again....

Eileen

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yesterday (Saturday) cheer practice, indoor soccer anda movie with oldest DD, help younger ones finish cub scout derby cars........ plus all the regular stuff cook meals, clean, laundry....
today cheer competition for oldest DD, then bowling with husband, boys have a cub scout things where they get their badges they earned.plus regular stuff again....

Eileen

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Yesterday I got food stuffs ready for a combo NASCAR/Babyshower today at a friends house. This is the 3r one our group has done. Actually it works out great the guys have something to do and can mind small kids while the wives get a chance to hold the new baby and visit.

Laurie in Bradenton

1 - 18 of 18 Posts