Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and guess who is monstrously sick?!

:(

Every year, I get this cold that makes me sound like Barry White and fills my head pretty badly. I figured that some rum would help :)lol:) but alas, it didn't. I still have people to call to let them know that we're moving, but how can I do that when I sound like a bass guitar?

When I get this sick, I don't want to do anything. Like, nothing. DH will be in town tomorrow night and the packers will be here Friday, but you'd think I wasn't going anywheres with the amount of stuff I've gotten done. I even caught a bit of insomnia last night after I realized what was really going on.

Not to mention...

We had a bit of a scare this week with the impending move. I was told by my mortgage broker that my income wouldn't be used in the calculation of the next mortgage, which it originally was with the first house. I freaked! Once I showed him the paperwork from this place and how it was used in the last one, the tune changed. So now we're back to Plan A. :D

So bleh, being sick and trying to get ready for another life-changing move is not the greatest thing in the world.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Stay hydrated and get some rest. You're no good to anyone if you get pneumonia , too.

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Poor thing! I hope you make a quick recovery. Drink lots of fluids and try to rest I between packing. :hugz:

·
19,119 Posts
Cannot you have to deal with being sick on to of moving - and everything tht it entails!! Take care - and it's one thing at a time!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: I'd rather have the Cowboys here, but I'll take what I can get. :D

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hope you feel better soon, rest and stay hydrated. Hugs and blessings to you for a smooth move!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Nothing like moving in winter - blech!
Are you SURE you tried enough rum? Just askin' :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Oh, NO. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe some Zicam will get you over it sooner?

Last time we moved, I had tonsillitis. Temp > 101F, sever sore throat, chills, and two little kids in two different schools that had to be picked up/dropped off at different times all day. And my MIL (my biggest fan--not) was 'helping' me unpack, and put things away where I never would keep them. Ity was January and COLD. One of the worst weeks in my life.

That was 21 years ago, anad I've told DH I will never move again. I'm leaving this house in a body bag.

Good luck. I think Rum is a great idea!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I feel tons better today!

Now I have that ridiculous cough, but other than that, I have more energy. I was really hoping that the brunt of the cold would go away and for the first time in a couple of days, I haven't had to take cold medication the moment I wake up. I'm dreading taking the cough medicine I have, though. :lol: It's seriously like drinking melted Vicks' Vapor Rub.

Even with being sick, I did get quite a bit done yesterday. I've increased my fluids intake and am napping when it's convenient to do so. I'm pretty much on track for the movers to come in tomorrow and pack up a bunch of stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.