1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,016 Posts
I would delete mine to but...

i am addicted to the games....

Reactions: sinopa27

· Registered
2,893 Posts
I debated getting rid of mine too, but I might just clean house on the friends list. I am moving next year and I want it to keep in touch with some of the people on it.

· Registered
2,587 Posts
have to say i agree..sometimes! sometimes it is just more simple to pick up the phone and call an old friend to catch up!

keep in mind though...as i had a friend who deleted her page about 1-1/2 yrs ago...then went back to resign up a yr after, and her old page and info reloaded...just an fyi

· Registered
463 Posts
I did too...

about a week ago and am SO happy I did, I feel SO much more productive...enjoy!

· Registered
3,114 Posts
I recently unfriended a bunch of people, unliked a bunch of pages, and left several groups. You have to do what feels right to you! I did have someone ask me WHY I unfriended her, some other people and left two groups we were in. I told her the truth. She didn't "see things" the same as me. I said, regardless, I felt I had to do what was right for me.

· Founder
20,663 Posts
Good for you. I've never been into facebook. Most everyone that I want to keep in touch with, I do. We chat, email, talk or see each other. Basically what I do is direct friends and family to Gabe's facebook if they want facebook updates because they'll never get one from me, I rarely use it. LOL

· Registered
4,157 Posts
Just wanted to let my friends here know that the reason why I've dropped off your friends list is b/c I've deleted my FB page....I'm not mad at you:)Lol...just don't have time for it anymore & want to simplify things:).....besides...I like hanging out here alot better:)
feels goooooood, doesn't it!!!

· Registered
3,708 Posts
I won't be deleting my page. I stay in contact with my family and friends. I don't play games but I do talk to all my sons friends. They keep me up dated on their life. I can say you have to do what is best for you.
Fern

· Registered
5,439 Posts
I won't be deleting my page. I stay in contact with my family and friends.
Fern
Same here. It is the way several of my friends and I have reconnected and stay in touch. I talk to my niece, dad, mom and aunt frequently through it. Also, DD leaves for college in two weeks and it will be our primary source of communication. I am not a phone person. Talking through FB is perfect for me.

· Registered
1,950 Posts
I like FV better too. I am keeping my facebook but I am going to delete some nonessential people. I am addicted to the games. I think I will give up frontierville because I waste a lot of time. I do like the bingo. It has a limit so I can't waste but so much time.

· Moderator aka AmyBob
13,578 Posts
I love FB. I use it to stay in contact, but also to publicize the blog and it works out beautifully! I also just enjoy it! :) However, I do know it isn't for everyone, so I hope you enjoy your FB-free-ness! :)

· Registered
3,128 Posts
I ONLY got on facebook because they keep posting pics of my grandkids and I want to see them. I'd much rather come here and read and I understand the games thing, but I've been on pogo many years before facebook and I'm new to facebook, but one of the games I was playing wouldn't let me go further in the game unless I paid for something. NO THANK YOU!!!! So I went back to playing on pogo!!

· Registered
3,114 Posts
I use Facebook for a number of reasons:

1. Keep in touch with friends
2. Keep up with events that are happening
3. Our Harley Owners Group (HOG) chapter has a private group and that is how we keep in touch, notify of rides/events.
4. I recently started a page for my business.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
i have never deleted anyone as a friend but have hid their pages from coming up on my feed if they have bad language ( or their friends do) or are very negative etc.

i dont do alot of the games and have alot of them blocked - my pet peeve is when someone posts "look for my post about my farm needing help when it already posted ..why are you posting it as a regular post and eed helannoying people who have blocked the apps

i have a deaf cousin up who i am 12 years older than and we grew up in 2 diff states so i saw maybe once a year until she was 6 and then maybe once every few years that this is a great way for us to stay in contact

i can find out answers to school questions from other moms my 14 yo cheer coach keeps the cheer page updated
i use it kind of like alot use reg email but IMO its faster

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.