Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling it.DId this last year when she started prek(this is why I took her out,with a lil help from the daycare being unsanitary)She's getting so big,I hate it.Today we went school shopping and she was so grown up about it,picked everything out down to the box of tissues(sponge bob lol).Just needed to get it all out.I'm still going to be a blubering mess on the 11th!

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I know how your feel, Amanda. Mine started last year and I thought it was going to be terrible for me. I didn't have any other kids at the time though. I got involved with the PTA and just kept busy. I really came to enjoy my days alone. It will get easier as the time goes on. I promise! Just think...now you can spend some time alone with Cannon, too!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Oh hang in there. I remember dd first day of school. I actually took the day off from work because I knew I would be a basket case. I walked her into school and she was so happy and excited. I left her there and cried, really cried all the way back to my car. I was the first person in line to pick up their kids that afternoon. It's silly, but I still get teary the first day of school and she will be in 5th grade this year. Once a mom, always a mom.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I never thought I'd be one of those bawling moms, but when Zachary started preschool...omg.
The very first day the school supervisor was giving me support and telling me everything would work out. lmao
Zachary was just fine. I couldn't leave the school and was peeking through the classroom window!

Hope the day goes quickly for you. Be proud knowing that you've done a great job in preparing her for her future.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I know how you feel Amanda...It's not easy on those first days of school...

When does she start? We'll be here for you on that day.:) ((hugs))

·
Registered
260 Posts
Awww, I know it's hard.

I bawled my DS's first day of K (16 years ago), I bawled with every school change for my DD - having special needs I started her in EI at age 2 which was the best thing for her, but I found change especially hard. (Homeschooling her relieved the first day at highschool bawling though LOL) AND I bawled the day we left our son at college....for like 3 days...and I know I'll be sad this year as well (his junior year). Geesh, I'm such a mushball when it comes to my kids but it happens to the best of us, whether it's school separation, their first sleepover, moving away from home, or whatever.

I agree with getting involved as much as possible at the school. It benefits you and your child. But those emotions.. oh boy, they're tough!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
When my last one went to kindergarten I just felt so excited; finally an opportunity to eat the whole tuna sandwich without giving soemone else a "little bite", no more Nick Jr., I could watch what I wanted or listen to the radio, the house would stay clean when I cleaned it at least for 3-4 hours, but the second he waved goodbye to me I fell apart:( It is hard to see them grow up, but Amanda, it has its rewards as well. My last baby girl just went to college and took a piece of her heart with me, but she gives so much back by doing things in the proper swquence.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
:hug2: Amanda. It is hard to send them off on that first day. She will love it though and when she gets home you and she will have a wonderful time as she tells you all about her day in school. Get the magnets ready, she will have lots of refrigerator art for you. I loved those days, I miss them now, my baby girl will be junior this year :( .

I will be thinking of you on the 11th.

:grouphug: We are all here for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts