Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm another 10 years older, 20 years or even 30 years older.

I always heard older people say, I don't sleep at night, I don't need much sleep, I was up until late and didn't get any sleep and I always thought, yah right!!

Well since about 10 years ago I've lost about 5 hours of sleep. I use to be able to sleep well until noon, but now I'm awake most days by 7 and of late sometimes even earlier.

What will it be like when I'm older. Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Oh yeah!

I'm lucky if I get 3-4 hours of uniterrrupted sleep now. Same as it has been for many years. I used to be able to sleep at least 6 hours, not anymore. I can't even imagine what is ahead of me!

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
I wish I had that problem! At least I would get more done. I fall asleep if I sit quietly for a few seconds! I could sleep eighteen hours a day, if I was allowed to. I don't sleep as well at night but, I am a great day sleeper.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I read the other day that if you go to bed by 8, you get the deepest sleep from 8 until 12. I cannot remember the reasoning behind it though. So I am usually in bed by 8 and sleep like a rock. I wake up around 1 or 2 on and off for the rest of the night. I am up by 5 or so and feel very rested.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Yeah I do have this problem too. If I go to bed before I'm really, really sleepy, I wake up about every 30 minutes or so. I almost never go to bed before 11 and I'm usually up before 8. But it is harder and harder to sleep now. I really don't like that part of aging much, along with the grey hair. :(

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I'm going thru a bad bout of sleeplessness right now., and when I do go to be I spend a few hrs looking at the clock or anything else, tossing and turning. This is driving me crazy, its midnite here and I'm up and on the puter.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
No matter what time I go to bed I wake up between 2am and 4 am and can't get back to sleep. I hate this. This has been going on for about 3 years and I'm so tired of being tired. The week-ends I have off I can lay down for an hour or so, but when I have to work I am so dragged out at times I could scream. :mad: The doctor ordered me some sleeping pills, but I didn't take them becasue I hate taking any type of pill. Last week took a teaspoon a benadry. What a joke! Might as well saved my money. Didn't work. Tried tylenol pm that my girlfriend suggested that didn't work either. Oh well, what is one to do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts