Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the kids and I are going to the J Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles. I have to write a review of any watercolor painting in any museum and I have decided to go here. This museum is free, but parking is $5.00. You don't need reservations for parking with student id.

I hope to culturize my kids a little at the same time. I am packing a lunch. I bought salami with coupons at 25 cents a pack, free tasty cake cupcakes, and chips and juice(10cents ea) so even the lunch is frugal. The most expensive part of the day will be gas.

If I could ever figure out how to post a darn picture, I would, maybe I'll get a little help from my friends. hunt hint!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Robin!
I remember going to this museum when I was 12 years old and loving it!!!!! My Uncle Dave took me and we had a wonderful time exploring it. The thing I will always remember is that we took the elevator to the wrong floor by accident when we were leaving and when the door opened, there was a huge mummy in his case being unpacked. It scared me to death then, but now is one of my favorite memories of time spent with my late uncle.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well plans have changed, dh's car broke down so he took mine. The kids and I are going to the Norton Simon in Pasadena instead. It is in my city so we will either walk or take a bus. I am very spoiled and irritated about the bus, but we will have a good time anyway!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm so sorry that your plans fell through. Please try to get to the JPG Museum with your kids when you can. It's fabulous!!!! If it could amuse a 12 year old girl, it could amuse anyone! LOL!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Sorry about your change of plans but have a great time where you are going!!!!!!! And Robin, :yippee: , I am very impressed with your "frugal" day!!!:smball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Have a great time girlie !!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts