Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All ingredients should be at room temperature (70-80 deg F/21-27 deg C), unless otherwise indicated in the recipe.

Strawberry Jam

Bake Setting
Not for Timer

1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon powdered lo-sugar fruit pectin

Combine all ingredients into bread pan. Select Basic setting. Press Start/Stop. Allow to mix 5 to 6 minutes, scraping side of pan with rubber spatula. Press Start/Stop to cancel. Select Bake Setting. Press Start/Stop. When unit signals and display reads 0:00, priess Start/Stop. Using hot pads, remove bread pan. Pour jam into containers: cover. Refrigerate to set.

Makes about 3 cups.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All ingredients should be at room temperature (70-80 deg F/21-27 deg C), unless otherwise indicated in the recipe.

Orange Marmalade

Bake Setting
Not for Timer

3 large oranges
1 lemon
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons powdered lo-sugar fruit pectin

With a vegetable peeler, shave off the bright layer of peel from one orange and lemon; chop finely. Remove remaining white peel from orange and lemon, discard. Peel remaining oranges, discard peels. Slice fruit into 1/2 inch pieces. Combine chopped peels, fruit, sugar and pectin in bread pan. Select Basic setting. Press Start/Stop. Allow to mix 5 to 6 minutes, scraping side of pan with rubber spatula. Press Start/Stop to cancel. Select Bake Setting. Press Start/Stop. When unit signals and display reads 0:00, priess Start/Stop. Using hot pads, remove bread pan. Pour jam into containers: cover. Refrigerate to set.

Makes about 3 cups.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Frozen Berry Jam

Bake Setting
Not for Timer

1 package (10 to 12 ounces) frozen berries, thawed
(strawberries and raspberries are ideal)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin

Combine all ingredients into bread pan. Select Basic setting. Press Start/Stop. Allow to mix 5 to 6 minutes, scraping side of pan with rubber spatula. Press Start/Stop to cancel. Select Bake Setting. Press Start/Stop. When unit signals and display reads 0:00, priess Start/Stop. Using hot pads, remove bread pan. Pour jam into containers: cover. Refrigerate to set.

Makes about 3 cups.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Jam in Bread Machine

I finally got around to reading all of my instuctions for my bread maker. I learned today that I can make freezer jam in it. It will not help me this year but next year I am going to try it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You can also make home made butter in them, Theres a recipe round here somewhere, I'll try to find it fer ya!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oooh ooooh!!

You can also make home made butter in them, Theres a recipe round here somewhere, I'll try to find it fer ya!!
This sounds good!! Please try find it for us mommy!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts