Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome one and all to our yearly thread for money management and money goals. this thread is for accounting our goals, encouragement and posting our yays and nays. I hope it helps you to reach your goals. Sometimes we don't feel like we are making progress and our steps are too small to notice how we are doing. I guarantee that those small and steady steps to add up to big growth. and yes sometimes set backs do arise. I have had my share of those. Post your goals and set backs and hopefully this will encourage you to keep putting that step forward.

My goals for the year include fully funding our retirement accounts. Get cash into the safe for emergencies. raise the amount we have in the savings account. Add to renewing CD, maybe open one or 2 more depending on rates. Possibly a new to us truck, Ours is on its last leg right now but we still keep limping along with it. Hope to get a trip up to my mum's place. This is a lot of goals and with planning and perseverance I can reach mine. Share your goals and we can root each other on.

· Registered
3,039 Posts
A lot of our goals are keeping up with the same but more travel. Booked a cruise. basically getting ready for retirement.

maybe get the electrical in the house updated this year.

signed up for fun course at uni

get back to fitness classes.

· Registered
2,927 Posts
We are working on a 5 year plan. We want to have our debt paid off in that time frame. We used to set aside an amount for donations, helping people in need, etc. We'll still have that fund, but we won't be adding as much to it this year. We are going to use 1/2 to pay down debt. Dh is getting close to retirement and we want to be out of debt except the house by then.

I have one bill that will be paid off this week, that money will go to the next bill. Three more paid off in the summer. That will also go to the next bill. I may need a new stove and want to replace it before it becomes a necessity and I have to pay full price for it. I want one of the bills paid off, because I can use that card for 0% interest, I know it's not the best idea, but the 4 bills I'll have paid off are all 0% interest, so I know I can do it. I'd rather pay cash, but I'd rather use the extra money to pay down the interest bearing debts.

Planning to do a few home projects. But will need to make sure we have cash for those.

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a great truck to replace our old one. because of our excellent credit we were able to get a 6 yr loan on it. Our focus will change with this. We will sell the old one and place that money towards the loan, we will then sell our smaller commuter car and place that money also towards the loan. We will still fill our retirement accounts for the year and add to the savings account. Also plan on doing come CD's if we are able and add to renewing ones as they come due. But avalanche that vehicle loan is our #1 priority now. It will be easier when we get the retirement accounts fully funded for the year first. One step at a time.

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were able to sell our old truck so now on to the next steps of our plan. The little mister wants to go shopping every time I have to go anywhere. And Target is his store. All the time, go to Target. Boy is he a little shop a holic. haha. have our first portions set aside to go into the IRA accounts. Just need to get that done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts