Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't do as good as I should've in December even though I used a lot I didn't put as much heart into it. So I'm in for Jan.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I am in.
I think I added more than I took out in December so need this again.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'd like to join to although I'm ok for a moment I still need to keep going and hone in on my stockpiling skills.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Me too. I'm planning of eating mostly from the freezer and stockpile for the next two or three months. I found great sales especially on meats, and my freezer is stuffed. Time to live off the bountry.

I should not buy an ounce of meat for the next two months at the very least.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Count me in - hubby keeps tellinbg me I need to clean out the freezer and use up more of our stockpile, and this challenge sounds like a good opportunity to focus on that.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I'm in. My pantry and freezer is full. I still need a few things for a 6 month stockpile but come January I am going to start drastically reducing my grocery budget and am going to start using out of the pantry/freezer. Right now it is totally separate and not used out of. I will replenish out of what is left of a $30 grocery budget a week for 3 people.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in as well.!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I am in need use up stuff from pantry and freezer.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Me too. I'm planning of eating mostly from the freezer and stockpile for the next two or three months. I found great sales especially on meats, and my freezer is stuffed. Time to live off the bountry.

I should not buy an ounce of meat for the next two months at the very least.
My feeling exactly. I am in~

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm in. I ate up a lot of stuff in December, however one of my frig's broke. So now that I'm down a frig and freezer and have no room to put any more food.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Count me in!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Me too! I have a weird assortment of food in my house and I want to use it up or lose it. It's occurred to me that nature abhors a vacuum...a big kitchen just means more places to store deals from the store!

My goal is to totally empty the top shelf of all my cupboards by the end of 2010. I can't reach that high anyway, so why not cut back on food and items stored there.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I'm in, too. I think the stuff in my pantry is breeding. Too bad the expiration dates don't update with each new generation!
:yikes: WHAT??? :yikes: Are those supposed to mean something to me??????? Unless it is tomatoes, pineapple, something acidic...I pay no attention---well, unless it gets bugs!!! UGH!! Hate bugs!

I'm in........I have to get busy and get some stuff out of my freezer since, before you know it, the gardening season will be upon me again!!! :eek: And my garden just about BURIED me last year! But - that would have been a 'good buried' .....right???

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I made my meal plan for the upcoming week.

On 1/1 we are having beef and noodles from the freezer.

On 1/2 we are having easy fiesta chicken from the freezer and spanish rice, which will be made me with items from the pantry.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I am participating in the December challenge but I still have alot of food so I need to participate in January as well.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I'm in.

I've started my own personal challenge to not shop this week. I usually shop every week. I'm thinking about maybe spending the same money, but shopping every other week instead. That would cut our grocery bill in half.

However, for now, I'm in on the challenge. As for the rest...we'll see how it goes. :)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Can I cheat and add just a little bit more before January 1?

I have plenty of meat and cheese frozen and miscellanious things, but find I'm really short on veggies. I do need to get some. I can't live on pork loin alone (but wouldn't it be nice to try?)

After that, I'm giving myself a $10 a week food budget for January, and really should not need that much -- fruit and veggies along. I will be Strong and ignore great sales on everything else. I will. I will.

·
19,119 Posts
This will be good for us - make me more accountable for using up freezer food - we seem to be doing better on eating panty goodies. Then, I want to do a better job of labelling and making an inventory of what is actually in our freezer!!

1 - 20 of 293 Posts