Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did pretty well on last years goals. I wanted my mortgage to be less than $34,000 by the end of December. I was just a little over $400 shy of that goal. That was trying to pay off 1/3 of the remaining principal. That was a huge lofty goal. although shy by just that amount I am calling it a good win. I was gone for 10 weeks of the year and DH had to do the finances while I was gone. so not surprised I didn't make it all the way. I did fully fund our retirement accounts. I did add to renewing CD's but did not do any new CD's. this year I have to get a new CD in. I have one renewing this year, but I will not add to it. I plan on trying to pay off half or more of our mortgage, so that I can be done with it and fully pay it off next year. I will add to our retirement accounts to fully fund them. Some of these goals will be started this next week. I already have money set aside already for the new CD. That will happen January. and I will start putting money from the first paycheque in January to start funding our retirement accounts. We will need to replace a pickup truck this year as well as do a new to us tiller. We will also need to get 4 new cell phones. and we will need to replace our water heater soon too. DH is currently working on our garbage disposal and it needs to be replaced too, so looks like that will happen today. DS#3 has medical bills we are also helping him with at the moment. so lots of goals.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One cell phone replaced, 3 still to go. No CD done yet. one IRA half funded the other about 1/4 funded. so far so good. I should have the one IRA fully funded by the end of May and the other about half done by then. The mortgage is down by about 1/3 of the goal I set. so far so good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts